Pace V2 problem

mnsfldpaul

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a strange problem with my Pace V2. When I connect the SKY box to the tv I get no RGB only composite, however when it is connected through my dvd recorder it works in RGB ( You can see a real difference in the Picture quality) But the only way I can get a RGB picture is to have the DVD Recorder tuned on. Once the DVD Recorder is turned off it goes back to composite I am using the same scart lead and also have tried others, and it's connected from the TV out on the SKY Box and into AV1 on the TV.

Anyone any ideas ?

Paul

could it be that you're not using an RGB scart lead....the DVD could upconvert composite?

assuming they are all wired, but you may have a lose connection?...be worth trying an alternative if you have a spare laying around

I've tried various different scart leads but no different. I am tearing my hair out with this, just can't work out why I get RBG through dvd but not through dvd direct. It's a sony TV and you get the AV1 symbol with 3 dots indicating RGB when DVD is on, but as soon as the dvd is off or it's connected to the tv direct it only show's AV1 without the dots. And there is a drop in the PQ.

sorry to ask the obvious, but you have set sky to output RGB in picture settings?.....otherwise I'm as baffled as you.

Yeh I have it set to RGB, may have just worked something out though. When i push hard on the scart lead the RGB works, but as soon as I let go it goes back to pal. Looks like a dodgy scart on the sky box ! So I will be giving them a call. Thanks for your help.

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom