1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Twin won't rewind

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by swoop, Aug 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. swoop

swoop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a Pace Twin which I think is a great bit of kit especially now it supports the 7 day EPG since the last software update but the one thing that still drives me nuts is that it hardly ever will rewind when watching a recorded program. Anyone know of a fix for this ? I haven't upgraded the drive (yet) so would this help ???

2. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are you using the left cursor key to rewind? If you use the right hand one to ff it does so quickly, however if you use the left hand one to rewind it goes thourgh 1/16 - 1/8 1/4 (at work so from memomry) so you have to do 4 or 5 presses to get it to rewind at the same pace as the forward key (it is a bit bizarre). You can use the button at near the bottom of the remote (2 double arrows) which will rewind at a faster pace straight away.

3. swoop

swoop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for your suggestion dicky, but all that happens is no matter what button or how many times i press the left cursor to chnage the scan speed all i get is paused playback. fforward works fine but rewind just sits there ! very annoying as i have to stop then restart and ffoward all the way to what i just missed !

4. grhys

grhys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The software update DOES make a difference (improvement) to the sticky rewind problem. I am on version 1.7.60 May 04 and now only get the problem intermittently, where before it was almost every time.
    The speed of FF & RW is x2, x4 x8, x16, x32, and x64, and they all worked fine on a recording I have just tested - BUT, sometimes it sticks. See also the |< and >| keys which rewind to a marker or the beginning and the end. Clip button sets a marker.

To help. Make you clear out ALL your recordings sometimes, as I don't know how good the defragmentation is.
    G