Pace twin wont initialise

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by AndyCH, Mar 7, 2005.

1. AndyCH

AndyCH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help or advice from an expert please!! My 15month old PACE twin tuner has intermittently refused to start, but this last week all it does it try to initialise. None of the buttons or remote functions have any effect. I can't hear the hard drive spinning up when the power is plugged in, so could this be a hard drive fault? 8/3 I have now tried a new hard drive - problem still exactly the same

2. magicmarkie

magicmarkie
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried unplugging it, I find my box freezes often and this is the only solution

3. AndyCH

AndyCH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, no luck this time though, It first started doing this before Christmas and unplugging it cleared it. It has been fine since then, but now it is out of warranty, it had completely packed up. When the power lead is inserted, it immediately goes into an initialization sequence, which lasts for about 10 seconds, it then goes back to the 4 lines in the display and stays like that for 2/3 minutes then repeats the initialization bit. This will go on until you take out the power lead. None of the front panel buttons have any effect. If you use the remote, the green IR Receive light in the display flashes as per normal, but nothing else happens. I thought it might be the hard drive, so I changed that, but it made B.All difference. Does anyone know a good repairer other than PACE who want to charge £80 just to look at it?
    MECS have had a look, but can't get any tech info from Pace (incidently MCES were very helpful and only charged me the £5 carriage cost to return it to me) :lease: :lease:

4. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Have you moved or changed transmitter?

Also try unplugging and replugging all the connectors inside it.

5. AndyCH

AndyCH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Martin, but no luck. Have spoken again with Pace repairers who have now collected it - I decided that having invested in a bigger hard drive it was cheaper to get it repaired by them than buying another box, pace or thompson! I'll let you all know what happens!! :laugh: