1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Twin Widescreen switching

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by mrkjd, Jul 8, 2003.

1. mrkjd

mrkjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm just moving from a 32" TV with Cable Analogue to an all singing-all dancing Panny 42" system.

I want to move to Freeview as I'm sick to the back teeth with Mr NTL (though no complaints with their broadband).

First choice is the Pace Twin cos of it's recording capabilities but I have a couple of misgivings re PQ from previous postings - esp given the larger screen tho it does seem to offer quite a good range of output options.

I don't know how the Panny will handle switching from 4:3 to 16:9. Does the pace handlew this switching?

Sorry if it's a dumb question but my TV handled all this stuff pretty well in the past!!!

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    The PQ on the Pace was substantially improved in the last software download so that is no longer an issue (unless they break it again in a future version).

WS switching works correctly with my Samsung LCD set wired via SCART.

There are still bugs - it sometimes fails to record and can lock up in certain circumstances - but these issues are being addressed, slowly, with new software versions are being broadcast, about monthly.