1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Twin - Superb Value at £175

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by mjw123, May 25, 2004.

Tags:
  1. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Guys,

Now that these units are selling at £175 inc deliv. ( half the original rrp of £350 )they are a stonking bargain. I realise there were some glitches with the earlier units but with firmware updates things seem to be sorted out now.

Has anyone found them cheaper than this price from Sound & Vision ?

Also please could people clarify the position regarding :-

a) Teletext availability - Is it working now ?
    b) EPG - Any idea when this is likely to be available ? I hear it has been tested in the London Area recently.

Was Looking to buy a freeview box but to get a digital recorder as well for this price was a great surprise. :clap:

Mike

2. idhutt

idhutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mike

The teletext download had been around since last October. I wouldn't expect it to be installed at the time you purchase but it is regularly repeated as an over air download. The next download (June) is hopefully the biggie - with the amount of delays they have had with it due to 'extra testing', it will hopefully fix all the bugs and more, but then, it could have been delayed due to unexpected problems...

As for EPG. The standard version provides now and next, the enhanced version is supposidly 7 day. To be honest, I havn't had the patience to skip forward more than a days worth. So far, its no replacement for PDC and IMO, due to its speed, or lack of, not of any great benefit other than for same day. Hopefully this will be fixed in the June download.

But £175, its a bargain. Just make sure you can unplug it easily incase you need to reboot it.

-Ian

3. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I meant to enquire about aerials on my original post.

I live in a poor reception area and am sure I will need a high gain aerial and booster - what do people feel is a reasonable price for an aerial engineer to do this ?

I've had one quote for £150 all in but was hoping to only have to pay about £100 - am I been unrealistic here ?

What have other had to pay and it is worth considering getting a high gain aerial from Argos for £40 and doing a DIY job ?

Mike.

4. dicky

dicky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would say £150 is a reasonable quote, mine cost that a year ago and I think it is pretty much par for the course - IMO.