1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Twin - Stopped working all of a sudden....anyone help ?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by mjw123, Jul 6, 2004.

Tags:
  1. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Please can anyone offer any help before I have to resort to returning my pace box. Last night I returned from work to find my box was showing no signal for all channels. I've had it a month now and never had any issues with it. I thought at first my aerial had moved so I asked my aerial guy and he was adamant the aerial would not move and to prove it he asked me to connect the aerial directly to the TV - the picture was fine. When trying to watch terrrestial through the RF loop on the pace the picture was terrible.

I disconnected everything and reset the box - after a couple of attempts it managed to find some channels but only the BBC ones. I checked the signal strength and was amazed it was only 6 & 7 on BBC 1 & BBC2. Normally I would get a signal of 45-50 for the BBC channels. What could cause this ?. Not matter how often I try the channel search can only find the BBC channels.

It's almost as if there is some kind of booster in the Pace box that is no longer working. My aerial never had a booster on it so this isn't the reason. Anyone had anything similar ? - anything else I could try here before having to return ?

There was some thunder in the area yesterday so i'm wondering if that may have caused the fault ?

TIA,
    Mike.

2. idhutt

idhutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt that thunder would have an effect, but lightning may do. My mothers old VCR got fried as a result of a power surge during a powercut. Maybe a lightning strike caused a surge on the powerline somewhere. Or even EMP affecting the ariel.

3. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,218
    But wouldn't that knockout the box completely?

4. mjw123

mjw123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Got a mate to test the box out at his place to rule out the aerial. He gets a very strong signal but weas only getting 5-10 signals on the channels he picked up on my faulty box. Normally he gets 50 +

It's as if some booster / amplifier has blown in the pace.