Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Pace Twin - Serial connection

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by windsurf123, Nov 14, 2003.

Tags:
  1. windsurf123

windsurf123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Having just bought the Pace Twin (yes I know everybody prefers the Tivo in these forums but it served my criteria perfectly), I've just missed the Oct/Nov software download.
    I'm experiencing some of the "bugginess" detailed within various forums and would like to get the latest download to cure these.
    Apparently I have two options: 1. Wait until next months download (December) or 2. Return the unit to Pace.
    I don't want to do option 2 but wondered if anybody had managed to access the unit via the serial port (this is what Pace would do). It would be cool to backup the exisiting software/firmware before upgrading to a newer version. There's nothing on the PVRUK website. Any pointers or suggestions much appreciated.
    Thanks