Pace Twin Questions

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Skiddins, Jan 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Skiddins

Skiddins
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a Pace Twin, this is my first foray into digital TV etc.

I understand the connections etc on it apart from the two following;

Card Slot; WHat is the point of this? If there are no plans for anything that would involve a fee (as is mentioned on Freeviews site) why have it.

RS232 Port; why has the unit got a com port and what can be done with it?

I notice the EPG only seems to display the programme that is currently on and whatever will come next, but that's it.
    Will there be any software to improve this?

Thanks
    Skiddins

2. whitcat

whitcat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Card slot: no use now, possibly could have been if OnDigital was still around.
    RS232: service use only.

The EPG is capable of showing the programmes in the future already but the info isn't transmitted yet - it's been on the way for months now though.

3. idhutt

idhutt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We picked up what was presumably a test 7 day EPG for a few days, probably early December. It was a bit slow.zzzzzzzz

Would be nice to have psuedo PDC so the STB will notice from the EPG that a program schedule has changed.

-Ian

4. breszh

breszh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I understand the software on the Pace Twin is capable of dealing with a greater scope of EPG but it is not being broadcast.

I seem to recall someone mentioning (Nigel??) that testing was going on for the 7 Day EPG in Wales, maybe we'll see it in a couple of months??

5. avandy

avandy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pace twin hardware revision
    someone posted somewhere the serial number of the last hardware revision, but having nearly bought one I was suspicious about, I checked with pace and they gave me this one X603007S323XXXXXX note s323 not s23 , so anyone considering buying should make sure it's on the right side of it. -me, I'm waiting for a decent second generation twin tuner PVR .