pace twin problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by gingerboy, Jun 18, 2003.

Tags:
  1. gingerboy

gingerboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anybody had this happen to them.

whilst recording itv i was watching channel5 and half way through the program the picture froze. changed channels and came back to it but all i got got was the pace logo.After changing channels a couple of times most of the channels disappeared. i ended up having to stop the recording and turn off the twin box.Once switched back on everything was fine but i have ended up missing what was recording.:confused: :mad:

2. helenr

helenr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Very similar. The box seemed to totally lose signal for about 10 seconds which sounded much like the problem you had. Not sure why it lost signal - it normally sits around 65.

3. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi Gingerboy / helenr

No not had this one. Mail the problem to Pace at

customer.support@pace.co.uk

if you have not already.

Regards Richard

4. Mrs Trellis

Mrs Trellis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've experienced a similar problem. Also, when using the archive facility, there are STILL very noticeable dropped frames and stuttering sound. Any one else experiencing this?

5. Hooli

Hooli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just sent the following lockup fault details to Pace:

My Pace Twin Digital TV Recorder is just about three weeks old.

"All appeared fine until this week when the device totally locked up when I tried to change channel. Although pressing buttons on the remote was registering some activity on the display, the channel number remained the same. Even pressing the standby button failed to turn the device off. The front panel buttons too appeared to have no effect.

The only way to reset the device was to turn it off at the mains power. It initialised okay after that and appeared to resume normal working for a while but later suffered the same lockup again. The channel number does not seem to make a difference as it has now locked up many times on different channels.

I did upgrade when the prompted to last Friday (20th June). Only since the upgrade have these symptoms appeared."

I'll post again if I get a response.
    :confused:

6. AndyFov

AndyFov

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I've got the same prob with mine. It must be a glitch in the new software.

To be fair, it's only frozen twice - Pulling the plug and reconnecting sorts it out. I suppose it's a new product and there are going to be teething problems. I still maintain it's the best gadget I've ever bought - Fingers crossed that the next software release irons out the glitches.

Incidentally, I came damn close to filling my drive earlier in the week... That's something I never thought would happen!

Andy

7. Hooli

Hooli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. nal

nal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm finding just about every program that I record has dropped frames .... all this since the last upgrade ... hope they get it sorted as I was happy with the box before.

nal

9. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Clearly there is lots of evidence that the lock up problem has been created by something MHEG related in the last update. Loads of reports of this problem on other forums. I have had 4 or 5 myself and it was not a problem before. Presumably this will be relatively easy to fix before the next update.
    I have not noticed any increase in 'lost frames' however. Have watched hours of recorded Wimbledon and Glastonbury this week and lucky so far. In fact all my post update recordings have played perfectly apart from one film where the sound carried on but the picture went black. Rewinding to where the picture was lost brought it back.
    One problem; now that I have recordings that look just the same as the live transmissions I have found myself trying to fast forward live programmes occassionally. Would never have made that mistake with a VCR!

Regards Richard