1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Twin - Occasional Picture Pause

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by breszh, Jan 21, 2004.

1. breszh

breszh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Second posting tonight, I'm on a roll.

Pace Twin installed on Monday night and on the whole am pleased with it, however I've noticed the occasional picture pause. Mrs Breszh noticed it first and said its always doing it but its has happened only once tonight - don't think she approves of me spending all that money on it but thats another story.

Having checked the signal strength this is between 41 and 44 from what I've seen of it. I understand this should be acceptable.

The software is the 13th March 2003 1.7.28 version.

So, eventually, my question, would this problem be related to the signal strength or the software version?

Thanks in advance..

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,268
    I recently bought the Pace freeview box, also with march 2003 software. My signal strength is the same (40's). I have to say that so far I've been really dissapointed with the picture, the quality is fine but the picture freeze is a nightmare! I had the Netgem i-player for 12 months previous and hardly had any interferance with that, decided to swap for the H/D recorder but now regret it.
    Is it possible that any future software updates will rectify the constant picture freeze? I think otherwise I regret my pace twin recorder will be appearing on ebay.

3. breszh

breszh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I noticed yesterday that the picture freeze occurs when the bit rate error increases which makes sense I suppose.

Last night I realised I'd left a coax cable splitter on the feed going from the wall socket into the Pace, after removing this and the extra cable so only one cable from aerial socket to Pace the signal strength has increased to between 55 and 65 roughly.

After making the change I didn't get any picture freeze so may be fixed.

I'm still no wiser as to whether the software will improve the picture freeze problem but I'll update this post to let you know how I go on now the signal strength is higher.