Pace Twin manual firmware upgrade

M

martyuk1

I have just got a Pace twin box and I was wondering if anyone knows if you can upgrade the firmware to the last issue in 2006 manually yourself through the RS232 port? :rolleyes:

If so send me some news, Pace have said they will no longer be sending any more repeats via the air. I can send the box off to them and they will do it but I would like to know if anyone else has found a way PC and link based?

Look forward to hearing from someone .....anyone!! please hee hee :D

Martin.

ianh64

I have has my (recently retired to place by the sea) Twin since day one and have never head (not for want of trying) of any method of updating the twin other than OTA or a return to Pace.

With no more OTA repeats I guess the Twin is now end of life.

Just out of curiosity, what is a Twin worth second hand?

M

martyuk1

Hi,

Yeah I've been in contact with pace and they said we will update it to the last/latest version of the software for me free. So I will be doing that shortly.

In answer to your question, they seem to sell second hand around £80 (Ebay etc). Even those they are bugged and not all units are upgraded "even now" people still want to own them. I love the build and look of the unit. I just want to get my system a bit more stable with the upgrade (mines 1.7.55) the sticky freezy picture one lol).:rolleyes:

Martin.

P.S. This is my second one, I bought one when they first came out in 2003 but have missed it to this day Awwwe..lol

davemurgatroyd2

martyuk1 said:
Hi,

Yeah I've been in contact with pace and they said we will update it to the last/latest version of the software for me free. So I will be doing that shortly.

In answer to your question, they seem to sell second hand around £80 (Ebay etc). Even those they are bugged and not all units are upgraded "even now" people still want to own them. I love the build and look of the unit. I just want to get my system a bit more stable with the upgrade (mines 1.7.55) the sticky freezy picture one lol).:rolleyes:

Martin.

P.S. This is my second one, I bought one when they first came out in 2003 but have missed it to this day Awwwe..lol
Can you provide contact details please - I've just bought one on e-bay (waiting delivery) and I will probably need the latest update?:cool:

razorphish

Standard Member
I am stuck on a really old version 1.73 missed the last year's update.

Can anyone tell me how do i go about updating it. EPG is such a pain on this device and it often has NO Signal.

Stay away. I bought it from ebay too..Last year.

Will accept offers if anyone is interested

M

martyuk1

Yeah, send your box to pace and they will upgrade it for you. When I had mine done it was free of charge. All I had to do it pay for the postage out. They upgraded it and sent it back for free :thumbsup:

I hope they are still going it for users, I've not had any problems since.

Regards,

Martyuk1.