Pace twin LED display failure

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by SNICK, Feb 14, 2005.

Tags:
  1. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    noticed that the second character on the LED display has started to malfunction - however, If I touch the display (without opening it up) it comes back on temporarily. Has anyone else had this issue - and if so, is it easy to remedy?

2. tonyb

tonyb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    snick,

I'm no electronics expert, but if it is working when you put a bit of pressure on it, it sounds like it might be a dry solder joint on the circuit board. To fix it you'd need to get to (or remove) the circuit board containing the display module and take a soldering iron to it.

If you don't want to tackle this yourself I guess you're looking at taking it to a repair shop or finding a friend who is good with a soldering iron.

cheers,
    tony

3. grhys

grhys

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Hi, at last, someone else with the same problem !!

My 2nd LED failed :( about 8 months ago, but it's out of warranty. Sometimes it glowed faintly, but no more. Now the 3rd one has disappeared :eek: , and that's really annoying, as you can't see the channel number. I have a soldering iron, so will be going in to try and fix it. :nono:
    Gareth