Pace Twin + Kameleon Remote !

P

pr1uk

i have just got a Kameleon 4 and have tried to copy the remote from my Pace Twin without any luck
Has anyone had any luck getting the Kameleon (URC-8040) to work with the Pace Twin. Some funtions work but not Menu, Guide etc all the impostant ones i will keep it for a few days in hope then take it back next friday for a refund.

Originally posted by pr1uk
i have just got a Kameleon 4 and have tried to copy the remote from my Pace Twin without any luck
Has anyone had any luck getting the Kameleon (URC-8040) to work with the Pace Twin. Some funtions work but not Menu, Guide etc all the impostant ones i will keep it for a few days in hope then take it back next friday for a refund.

to answer my own question i have just been told to send the remote back and it need codes
Sat 1432 and VCR 1943 to be added to work with the Pace twin

so i will post it monday

'send the remote back' ? eh? Did they want you to send them the remote? I contacted them about the Pace Twin, and they asked me to phone them to get the handset updated over the phone. I have not done it yet and would be interested to read if it went ok for you.

Hi

I know nothing about how remote's work, but my hi-fi remote can be programmed with 4 digit system codes. Are the 4 digit codes specific to the type of remote being programmed (in this case Kameleon), or are these likely to work if I program my hi-fi remote with them?

Thanks

Ian

Originally posted by Neil Fellows
'send the remote back' ? eh? Did they want you to send them the remote? I contacted them about the Pace Twin, and they asked me to phone them to get the handset updated over the phone. I have not done it yet and would be interested to read if it went ok for you.

i was told it had to go back for a free upgrade so i posted it today when it returns (if the post office dont lose it) i will post if all is well. upgrading over the net or phone was not going to work it had to be sent back ..

Originally posted by pr1uk
i was told it had to go back for a free upgrade so i posted it today when it returns (if the post office dont lose it) i will post if all is well. upgrading over the net or phone was not going to work it had to be sent back ..

sent remote monday night came back recorded yesterday but i was out just picked it up today and all working. There is no library button that i can find but you can use the main menu to get there. All in all i would recommend sending the remote back and have Sat 1432 and VCR 1943 added if you have one of these and the Pace Twin.

You guys should look into JP1 - The OFA remotes often have a little connector in the battery compartement, which with a little help from the JP1 community will enable you to program your remote exactly as you need.

The downloaded codes from OFA are normally a little restrictive, and you end up using all the limited memory to get the keys you want. I bought a OFA remote from the US about a year ago, and managed to map every Twin key far in advance of OFA themselves.

I'm pretty sure that all the Twin keycodes are in a thread from back then too. Just do a search in the 'HomeAutomation & Remote' Forum.

pr1uk said:
sent remote monday night came back recorded yesterday but i was out just picked it up today and all working. There is no library button that i can find but you can use the main menu to get there. All in all i would recommend sending the remote back and have Sat 1432 and VCR 1943 added if you have one of these and the Pace Twin.

once you have the updated codes (Sat 1432 and VCR 1943) added then this is all the codes for the Pace Twin

Your functions code are:

00601 0
00725 1
00473 2
00471 3
00731 4
00468 5
00728 6
00726 7
00474 8
00341 9
00344 Blue
00425 Bookmark
00406 Channel Down
00411 Channel Up
00425 Clip
00663 Down
00363 Exit
00485 Fast Forward
00347 Green
00615 Guide
00358 Info
00602 Left
00536 Library
00617 List
00276 Menu
00571 Mute
00405 OK
00420 Pause
00618 Play
00437 Power
00342 Quick Skip
00666 Record
00599 Red
00539 Return
00233 Rewind
00665 Right
00231 Skip Forward
00491 Skip Reverse
00602 Slow
00602 Speed Down
00665 Speed Up
00228 Stop
00360 Subtitle
00612 Text
00234 Timer
00279 TV/DTV
00660 TV1/TV2
00486 TV2 Channel Down
00488 TV2 Channel Up
00342 Up
00533 Volume Down
00408 Volume Up
00596 Yellow

Is it essential to have your remote upgraded by One-for-all before these codes can be used?

I've got an OFA6 that I have had working with my home-made JP1 cable. It's a while since I played with it and the software may have improved since then. I'd like to get back into using a single remote.

steev said:
Is it essential to have your remote upgraded by One-for-all before these codes can be used?

I've got an OFA6 that I have had working with my home-made JP1 cable. It's a while since I played with it and the software may have improved since then. I'd like to get back into using a single remote.

As i said
"once you have the updated codes (Sat 1432 and VCR 1943)"

you have to send the remote away to be upgraded first but its worth it.

Called OFA a couple of days ago and they told me I needed VCR code 1973 NOT VCR1943.
Anyone had the same information?? Does this mean that this new code will perform all the functions?

shyewei said:
Called OFA a couple of days ago and they told me I needed VCR code 1973 NOT VCR1943.
Anyone had the same information?? Does this mean that this new code will perform all the functions?

Sorry you are right a made a typo the VCR code is indeed 1973 not 43, and you still need the Sat code 1423 (not 32 another typo) after that the remote will do everything on the Twin

Just got the Kameleon back from OFA - NICE!
Most of the functions work, but upgraded to your typo SAT 1932 pr1uk!!! So still haven't got quite a full funcitoning remote!!!

shyewei said:
Just got the Kameleon back from OFA - NICE!
Most of the functions work, but upgraded to your typo SAT 1932 pr1uk!!! So still haven't got quite a full funcitoning remote!!!

If you sent the remote back and told them you wanted the Pace Twin added they would have added the right one. Sorry if my typo set you on the wrong footing i did notice on mine that the libery key was missing and you have to use menu to get there so i have now added the libery key to the mute key which i never use. If anyone as a Kameleon and does not use it for the Twin then the upgrade is well worth having done then it will control all functions.

pr1uk`s list of function codes are good for programming a ONE FOR ALL URC-7140 after setting 1323 as the device code.
The method is described under "Programming codes" in
One For All remote control codes Page
using
[SETUP+] 994 [SETUP] ### [key] -- assigns code ### to [key]
but entering the full 5 digits in place of the ###

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom