Pace Twin 'freezing' on recordings

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by brotherbear, Aug 27, 2004.

Tags:
  1. brotherbear

brotherbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The last two recordings I've made on my pace twin haven't been succesful. I set to record from the EPG and just leave the box switched on. It starts recording OK but does not stop recording at the desired time. When I try to stop recording I find the box has locked up and all I can do is unplug it. This then results in the recording being lost, although the disk recording time remains as if the recording is there and the recording is listed in the library. I cannot access it though and it just says 'recording is empty.' I then have to delete it.

Am I doing something wrong here? I have updated the box to 80GB but surely this is not as a result of that?

I see some reports from others of this box freezing. Is it similar to my problem?

Thanks for any comments.

2. brotherbear

brotherbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This may seem stupid but am I posting this in the right place? No-one ever seems to respond to posts I make here?

3. pr1uk

pr1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    your not stupid i have had this more then a few times and whats worse is when you pull the plug out the recording goes as well .. Its pants i dont use the Pace so much now because of this but did the last software upgrade help at all.

4. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Brotherbear

did you download the latest software earlier this week?

previous to the new download, i frequently experienced freezing, no recording etc. However since downloading the latest software, so far no problems :) .

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    What's the date on your software? The april one is flaky in places for many users. The latest fix, transmitted last week has done the biz for my pace, I can find no faults yet. And BTW, you just can't expect people to respond instantly, it's just a public forum, not a service you are paying for. Contributors do so from the goodness of their hearts, and for the value of sharing info, so patience is necessary.

Edit. And on the subject of the kit, you have opened it up and invalidated the warranty, can you blame it for the odd hiccup. I know everyone does it, including me, but I am not so unrealistic as to expect flawless performance from a modified bit of kit.

6. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have to agree, since the last software upgrade the box is doing very well. I have had one lockup after watching a recorded programme, but overall I am really pleased with this bit of kit.

7. norfred

norfred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I must have missed this update. My software is still at May. Any idea when it will be transmitted again? I just get none available when I search. The freezing during playback is annoying everyone at home.
    norfred

8. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    May was rubbish - newest is much better

9. brotherbear

brotherbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is actually WORSE since the latest software download?

It just doesn't stop recording at the end of the programme and just freezes up.

MAW, yes, I know this is a public forum. I was just curious as to why I'd NEVER had a reply to any post in this section. Thought something was wrong.

Cheers guys. Guess my Pace is just not working properly. Maybe the next download will fix things.