Pace Twin Firmware

Shady Deal

Standard Member
"The next software download for the Pace Twin Digital recorder will take place from Thursday 4th to Monday 8th March. This will be a repeat of the previous download, providing access to interactive services and digital teletext.
To accept this download, you need to be tuned a BBC channel"

What I did last time was to get used to turning off the unit with the station on BBC1. When you next switch on it during the above dates it will tell you an update is available and away you go

Regards

shodan

Distinguished Member
Thanks for that. I tried to get the last one a few times but it always said there was no update available...

Skiddins

Standard Member
I could be mistaken, but I'm sure I wasn't on BBC when the last update was mentioned on screen.

Does the 'Software Update' section of the menus not find the update?

Skiddins

SNICK

the next software update is penned for mid April (according to Pace's CS dept earlier today)

windsurf123

Originally posted by nal
Showing a repeat on 1st - 5th April on the engineering website.

nal

Strange how Pace's own website doesn't list the "repeat download", that's apparently happening. I've read elsewhere that Pace are doing two downloads in April: 1 repeat and 1 of the long-awaited New Version !
Lets hope it happens
:)

AOD

Any idea if the Twin will be upgraded to work (or can be made to) with TOTV?

Some official comment from PACE on the subject would be nice.

windsurf123

Originally posted by AOD
Any idea if the Twin will be upgraded to work (or can be made to) with TOTV?

Some official comment from PACE on the subject would be nice.

According to postings in DigitalSpy, Pace have no immediate intention of offering TOTV support for the Twin. They didn't rule out future compatibility, but hey... doesn't look good. Personally the Pay channels on offer, don't interest me. It does however, seem rediculous that a potentially excellent machine (which already has a slot), doesn't work with the latest Digital TV options. Think they're missing a trick here.
Especially if a new crowd of punters are about to buy DT boxes "that DO have a slot"
Weird

shodan

Distinguished Member
TOTV = T*SS OFF TV?

Neil Fellows

Novice Member
I contacted Pace directly to ask them about the TOTV issue, and they emailed me back with a long and detailed explanation of why they are not supporting it, as follows:

Dear Customer.

No.

Pace customer support.

Fantastic!

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Quite right too.

P

pr1uk

It does state in the manual
"Viewing Card Slot-
insert your viewing card here when you are requested to do so (for future use only)"

So it does not do what its says on the box so as anyone taken their twin back for a full refund.

+
I had sent two emails to Pace and they both bounced back so they will not even answer emails now, hmm my last Pace product i think.

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
Can't understand why anyone would contemplate spending GBP8 per month on TUTV dross.

P

pr1uk

Originally posted by MAW
That's a bit harsh, after all it's titsup's fault no boxes are compatible, not pace's.

i would not send mine back i dont need a pay service i got it for freeview and thats what i got. It still does not do what it says in the manual and i can understand people not being happy so if i were them i would try to get the money back. I could never see the point of the card reader on a freeview box even more so now we know it does not even work.

norfred

Novice Member
Originally posted by MAW
That's a bit harsh, after all it's titsup's fault no boxes are compatible, not pace's.

I agree the only thing I am going to slot into my box is an 80gig drive when I can find one

I

idhutt

It does state in the manual
"Viewing Card Slot-
insert your viewing card here when you are requested to do so (for future use only)"

So it does not do what its says on the box so as anyone taken their twin back for a full refund.

Unfortunately, you cannot impose your statatory rights or take legal action on 'future promise' that is not delivered.

-Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom