1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Twin firmware broadcast tommorrow

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by ancipital, Feb 4, 2004.

Tags:
  1. ancipital

ancipital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick note to remind you that the 1.7.55 Twin firmware is broadcast tommorrow (from 10 am) until 9 am next Monday (the 9th)..

Sorry if this is stating the obvious :)

(FYI, schedules from http://www.dtg.org.uk retailer/installer->engineering channel download schedule).

2. niwi

niwi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmmm - seem to be having a bit of a prob loading the upgrade. It pulls it down and starts the flash process, the display shows the countdown, follow by "FLSh", but then it starts flashing "bAd" and does nothing more. Obviously doesn't disable the box - have retried 6 or 7 times now without joy. Anyone else having this prob? Any thoughts, short of contacting Pace on Monday?

3. Shady Deal

Shady Deal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Seemed ok on mine, didn't take much notice of the messages though, there were a few on the display but it rebooted ok and the new firmware is showing so I pressume all is ok.

Regards

4. marksm74

marksm74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just keep trying again, it should work eventually. Have you tried pulling the power, leaving it for a few minutes and then trying the download again?

I bought the Twin before the very first update was transmitted and on the first two tries it failed and showed "bad" on the display. Third time was ok. On the second update a month or two later it failed on the first but was ok on the second. I've never had problems with subsequent updates.

I don't know if this has been posted elsewhere on the forum, but Pace have been sending emails to those that enquire to say that the next new update (the current one is a repeat of October software) is due for download on 4th to 8th March.

5. niwi

niwi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :eek:) Sorted!

After numerous attempts, unplugging, bypassing the aerial distribution amp, and generally tearing my hair out, decided to re-init the twin with the "RESET" option. Firmware updated first time after that. Pah!

So I'm a very happy bunny.
    Thanks for the feedback, amigos.

6. ancipital

ancipital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I just made sure that I was getting a BBC channel nice and strongly (BBC1 over 95% in this case), and thus could see the BBC mux clearly..

It flashed right away, no problem. Now I have all those nice timer tweak options, and the underwhelming digital text (press the red Jensen).

I don't see the alledged quality improvements in picture and sound, but maybe that's more because I am still delighted with the improvements the Twin offers over my old freeview box; the picture quality and reception are just magic.

Of course, anyone reading this has missed the transmission by about forty minutes, and will have to wait some weeks until the next one...

7. consciouspnm

consciouspnm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem so I just kept trying as it was the last day. It worked eventually. I rang the Pace Helpline and was told there was a bug in the software so some boxes refused to accept it. Not sure if this was accurate! I was also told there would be another update in March which all the boxes should accept.

8. shodan

shodan
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,168
    My Pace Twin just denied finding it although I have a strong signal....