Pace Twin EXTREMLY URGENT!

M

Memphis Raines

I was going to buy the pace twin within the next hour but after reading so many probelms on here i need to know the answer to my simple question...

should i buy it yes or no?

(also as i'm going to get it from argos will i have an extremly old firmware version and a usless box or what, any help will be useful)

admins
(feel free to delete this post after today 24th feb)

Buy it!! I have one that I got from argos that had the old software and I still thought it was great, and even better when the software update was done.

I think mine is great, great pic/sound at 45% signal strength. As long as you have a nice clean analogue signal you will be fine.

Regards

Good luck, even Mrs Posts comments on the picture quality and she didn't care less about Sky.

As far as I acn make out there are a few small problems but I am sure that they will be fixed in new software updates.

My personal opinion is this is a great bit of kit.:smashin:

Did you get it? I love my one!

I got it!!!!

Annoyingly its the old firmware but the box is brilliant!

Will the interactive and text stuff be accessible on the new firmware as my old box was able to access the text channel and the pace box just says coming soon...

anyway thanks again!

Yes. Interactive & text is included in the software updates. But BBC multiscreen doesn't worl properly. Should hopefully be fixed in what would have been the (now postponed) March update.

-Ian

Hi there

Try looking on e-bay (www.ebay.co.uk) you should be able to pick one up for around £170-£190.

Mine works fine, I have upgraded the hard drive to 80gb (a Hitachi 80GN 4200rpm 2.5" drive) and this gives me a total of 43 hours recording.

It appears to work a lot better with the latest firmware upgrade (dated Oct 2003) but was broadcast a couple of weeks ago.

Keep a look out for details in this forum when the next broadcast will be, I am not sure what the latest softare version is but it does appear to have sorted out what glithes there were with the machine.
All the best

Marcus

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Hi there

Try looking on e-bay (www.ebay.co.uk) you should be able to pick one up for around £170-£190.

Mine works fine, I have upgraded the hard drive to 80gb (a Hitachi 80GN 4200rpm 2.5" drive) and this gives me a total of 43 hours recording.

It appears to work a lot better with the latest firmware upgrade (dated Oct 2003) but was broadcast a couple of weeks ago.

Keep a look out for details in this forum when the next broadcast will be, I am not sure what the latest softare version is but it does appear to have sorted out what glithes there were with the machine.
All the best

Marcus

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Memphis to note!!

"The next software download for the Pace Twin Digital recorder will take place from Thursday 4th to Monday 8th March. This will be a repeat of the previous download, providing access to interactive services and digital teletext.
To accept this download, you need to be tuned a BBC channel"

What I did last time was to get used to turning off the unit with the station on BBC1. When you next switch on it during the above dates it will tell you an update is available and away you go

Regards

How easy is the disk upgrade ?
Could someone point me to a reliable site to get a large(r) 2.5" disk.
I tried the Pace Twin & returned it. I then tried the Humax 8000 PVR - I found that the Pace is far more user friendly (apart from anything else, it has two tuners against the Humax's one tuner) and in spite of the extra price & smaller size of the Pace, I've returned the Humax and bought another Pace, which I hope to upgrade with a larger disk.

I have just updated my Twin that came from Argos shop in feb 04 for £189.00.
The last months update just would not work. Pace just told me to post it back to them today, but third time lucky it worked.
Can anyone tell me whats new in the update. The old one was a March 2003 version.
I know Text is one thing. What extras do I have to play with ?

I find that the option to extend schedules recordings (by starting a number of minutes before scheduled start, and stopping a number of minuites after the scheduled stop time) goes some way to making up for the lack of PDC. I think its an option in one of the menus.

-Ian

I'm having real problems updating my box with the software upgrade. I keep getting a 'bAd' message on the screen of the box everytime it tries to flash. Pace have told me to send it back to them but if find that really c**p.
has anyone had similar problems?

I had this too

Just unplug from the mains, wait a minute, power up on BBC and let it fly - took 3 trys to get it right last night, but it is well worth it!

ElchenUK : I had the same problem at the last download window - eventually used the RESET option, and it then completed the update straight off.

Wahay!!! Downloading it now!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah baby!!! I got updated!!!

Just found out the the slave and master software are different versions, does this mean they are corrupt?

Niwi, where is the RESET option?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom