1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Twin connecting

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mrkjd, Jul 17, 2003.

1. mrkjd

mrkjd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought a Pace Twin from John Lewis's despite the many misgivings on this forum and elsewhere. Basically I think the comments about the problems encountered by some being more akin to beta testing are valid but I'm putting some trust in most of the problems being software correctable. The facts that you can put in a bigger HDD reasonably easily and decent connectivity are worthwhile.

I've got it wired through my amp video up scaling using SVideo and digi-optical. Is there a better way, for example a RGB to component device? I realise I need to wait for the next software update to get the PQ improvements.

2. jonbar

jonbar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess your amp doesn't switch RGB, but could switch component? Starting off with S-video is not ideal, and I suspect won't do justice to the Twin after you have the soft picture fix. JS Technology does a RGB>Component box - I've not tried it, but am very pleased with their RGB>VGA.

I've wondered if some AV amps that switch Component might also allow RGB to pass through? - three signals, after all - probably not those amps with on-screen displays or any signal processing.