1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Twin and time slip

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Just_Dabbling, Sep 24, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Just_Dabbling

Just_Dabbling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

I currently have and am very please with my sky+ box, but my non sky father in law has fallen in love with it, but the M.I.L won't let him get sky.

I have recommended the pace twin, and have done some investigation, but it doesn't seem to have the sort of "instant rewind" feature that the sky+ box has.

Is this right ?

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,908
    Not familiar with Sky+. Is 'instant rewind' some sort of action replay, whereby the box is ALWAYS actually recording the signal so you can ALWAYS rewind it.

If yes, then, no, the Twin does not have this. It does have 'pause live TV' whereby it will begin to record whilst freezing the image on screen. You can then resume 'chasing' playback, time-shifted by however long you paused it for. And, in such circumstances, you CAN rewind the already-recorded signal.

3. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    Hi

The Twin certainly has a range of rewind & FF speeds, bookmarks etc if that is what you meant. The only problem is that they do not always work perfectly. e.g. Mine sometimes dumps you back at the start of a recording when you rewind. Mostly it is OK to be honest and with a 64x speed FF it does not take long to get back even if you have not bookmarked. Still irritating though.

Some ppl have other problems with the twin (lost recordings) although mine is usually OK. It does lock up sometimes. Again can be very irritating but would not be without it for the advantages it does have.

Regards Richard

4. Just_Dabbling

Just_Dabbling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, its more what nigel had suggested.

The ability to be always recording, so, if you've missed something, you can rewind it instantly, thats a shame, he was really impressed with that.

I'll have to keep an eye in case pace decide to change, and add that feature, because it can be very handy.