1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Twin and Loewe RC3 - looking for alternative VCR codes

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by ianh64, Nov 10, 2004.

1. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    I have managed to get some of the functions for the Pace Twin Freeview recorder working under the STB settings of the Loewe RC3 remote control - Xelos, Spheros etc.

The code is Sat (STB) Pace 1423 :thumbsup:

However, I have not managed to find the codes for the recorder functions or library, although library is available via the menu.

Does anyone know the make of a VCR that uses the same codes as the Pace recorder functions? It doesn't matter if it is not for the Loewe RC3 remote - if I can find a match, I should then be able to find a matching RC3 code and hopefully get the recorder functions and library to work.

I guess then I have to program the VCR then copy them over to the STB settings to override the default digital link settings, ie DR+.

The codes for 1423 are not quite a 1:1 mapping, but pretty good. Radio selects the Pace EPG whilst EPG and PIP operate the Loewe input select and aspect ratio. And on/off works.

Thanks

Ian

2. designfreak

designfreak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ian,

I have the Loewe RC2 which came with the Auro and Tremo and I too am having trouble with getting the remote to learn the STB codes, in my case the Sony Freeview VTX-D800U STB. It’s interesting that you are using the Pace code 1423 as this is not listed for the RC2, therefore it seems the RC2 and RC3 have a different data-base of codes. Here’s the RC2 list of Pace STB codes, perhaps one of these may work better for you:

0847, 1175, 0241, 0867, 0123, 1323, 0791, 0239, 0200, 0853

Off course, if the RC3 has not got any of these codes pre-programmed it’s not going to work, very much like my own problem. It may be finding a code will be a problem, as to my knowledge Pace have not ever made a VCR, but I may be wrong!

I’ve managed to find the code for the Sony VTX-D800U on the internet, it’s 0282, but this is rejected by the RC2 data-base. It will accept Sony code 0292 but this does not work my STB. Would it possible for you to check and see if 0282 is listed under the SAT (STB) setting for Sony on your RC3? If it is then may be I’ll consider buying one.

I read one of your previous threads a while back regarding the integrated DVB-T upgrades for Loewe televisions and had one fitted to my Xelos by Peter Martins 2 weeks ago. I’m really pleased with, great picture, even better than the Sony STB.

Cheers

Stephen

3. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi Stephen

Yes, 0282 is listed under the RC3 SAT/STB for Sony in addition to 0847, 0853 and 0455.

Thanks for the other codes. I have got use to the oddies on the RC3 remote for the twin, but when I am feeling brave, I will try the others out. There are a few in there that are not listed under the RC3.

Glad your D-TV tuner works. Out of curiosity, can you receive ABC1 and if so, what firmware version do you have? I have approached Linn and my retailer and they say there is a fix but in a brief email exchange I had before the assistant went on holiday I get the impression that they will want to charge me for the update since ABC1 was not oficially transmitting when I purchased my Xelos and D-TV/D-Sat card. I think I can argue my case, since ABC1 were running their teaser at the time but I want to do it in person. Also, are you using the D-Sat option? If so, what sat and channels do you get?

-Ian

4. designfreak

designfreak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ian,

Thanks for confirming the Sony code. I’ve been onto Peter Martin today about the RC2 not having the same codes as the RC3. They tested both remotes out and they only worked on sat receivers not Freeview. Unfortunately, they didn’t have a Sony to test on. However, the RC2 controls my old Panny Freeview STB OK so hopefully the RC3 will work the Sony.

As to the D-TV tuner, I can receive ABC1. When Peter Martin installed it they looked out for ABC1 to see if it was picked up. It seems they had a new batch of turners and this was the first one they had installed that could receive it OK. Firmware version is 3.3.0. With regard to your complaint with Loewe/Linn, I have not heard of the problem with any other Freeview receiver so would have thought it was a software issue and therefore they should sort it out.

I don’t think I have the D-Sat option. I only have the basic D-TV turner not the ‘Topup TV’ version, as it didn’t fit into the available space. I only have the one input, would I not have a D-Sat input too if it was available?

Thanks

Stephen