1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Sky+ box making strange noise

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by njr, Mar 25, 2005.

1. njr

njr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I hve had my Pace sky+ box for just over a week now and it is making a rather irritating high pitch 'chirping' noise. The noise happens irrespective of whether the unit is switched on or on standby, so I dont think it is the hard drive. It is not a loud noise (in fact it is only just audible from the viewing position), but if you are watching a quiet program (snooker) or are in the room when not watching TV you can hear and is becoming annoying.

Interestingly, if you take out the signal feed to input 1 the noise changes so it cound be related to the digital tuner.

Is this normal, or should I send the box back? If it is normal, are there any suggestions as to quieten the thing as I dont think I want to live with this noise long term.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    The noise could be either from the power supply or the hard disk. If you have Instant Rewind switched on, the hard disk will continue to spin irrespective of whether the box is switched on or in standby. Get Sky to come in to fix it.

3. njr

njr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nick,

To my surprise, its neither!

I took out the viewing card and the noise has stopped completely. So if you just want to view BBC all is fine! Very strange.

This is a self install, so I am going to have to discuss this with the vendors of the box to see what they make of it all.

Cheers.