1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace(NTL) Di-300 & Pronto/All4One

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Mr. Flibble, Jul 7, 2003.

1. Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I've got digital cable tv installed (in Ireland) with a pace Di-300-N decoder. Does anyone know if this is controllable by a Pronto or one of those AllForOne remotes?

2. Ken

Ken
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Are you sure of your model number? Pace don't list that model.

Ken

3. Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep. I couldn't find anything about it on their web site. The sticker on it with the serial num and info only has NTL's name on it - but it has the Pace logo on the front of the box. I think the Di300 is only supplied to NTL Ireland - perhaps it has another name elsewhere. A Gooogle search of "Pace Di-300" only spits up stuff about NTL...

4. MikeHarrison

MikeHarrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the remote looks like either of the top two on This page then chances are it's an IRDA box that can only be Pronto controlled using the Red-Eye device detailed on the above page.

5. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Looks like we're in luck Mr Flibble. Our remote is the third one and the site says red-eye not needed. Our Di300 must be a cut down version of the 4000 series then.

6. Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, it doesn't look like either of those. This is what the decoder and remote look like: [​IMG] [​IMG].

The decoder doesn't have an IR-in socket - so if the RedEye thing is needed would I just have to find another way of powering it.

--edit--
    just seen your post, calibos. As you can now see my remote doesn't look like the 3rd one on that page. Do you think it is the same internally?

7. MikeHarrison

MikeHarrison

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This remote looks rather like the one for the Pace cjeapie Freeview box. I have heard mention of a silver Pace cable receiver that was imminent, and also easily scratched... I suspect it will be substantially different to the old boxes - probably re-engineered to get the cost down and use newer chips.

8. Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you happen to know if that one works with the Pronto, Mike?

9. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Thats very strange. I've got the same pace box as you Flibble but a different remote. ie the third pic on Mikes link (4th from left in my pic). I dont know if my logic is right but if we have the same box and different remotes and the remote that I have is one were you don't need a red eye ie RC5 as opposed to IRDA then even though you have a different remote your box should be compatible with a pronto as mine is according to the red eye site.

[​IMG]

From the Red Eye site.

Pace 4001NC (Sounds very much like our di300n)

IRDA-NO
    RC5-YES
    Supplied Remote-Blue

Stripped-down version of 4001N - no cable modem, printer port or UHF loop-through input, only one smartcard slot.

Red-Eye is not needed (and will not work) with this STB

10. Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That logic is good enough for me :)
    I'm off on hollidays for a few weeks soon so I'll order one when I get back.

Cheers all

11. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I'd say they're just a different shape but the same type of remote inside. TBH I'd prefer yours. The channel buttons on mine are a pain to use. Soon as I get a another few quid together I'll be onto the Dell site like a flash for an Axim, PdaWin software and the CF infra red thingy. Pseudo Colour Pronto here I come!!

PS. Did you perchance post this question over at boards.ie? You'll be waiting for ever for an answer over there. They're lucky if they get 4 posts a day on their Home Entertainment forum. Even Vex comes here for his Home Cinema info and he part owns boards.ie!! :D

12. Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Heh, I was just thinking the same thing - this remote is crappy. All the most often used buttons are spread out, and they are all nobbley to press when you do finally find them.

Nope, I didn't post it on boards.ie, unlesss i did ages ago and have forgotten...