Pace MiniBox

50/50

Standard Member
Reaction score
I cant find any info on this box,

Does anyone know how if it can out RGB, if it has audio out, how many scarts it has...

any info would be great,

One scart (No RGB)
No Phono audio outputs.

The minibox was designed as a cheaper alternative for second subscriptions and the belief a second TV would not require RGB or that the STB would be connected to an AV amp.

Pace Minibox

OMG, what a load of ####

Not even a phono out.... I cant believe that !

I could live without RGB...

Yes but it's a dream for motor homes. It's tiny and runs off a 12 volt supply!

Fman

Originally posted by 50/50
OMG, what a load of ####

Not even a phono out.... I cant believe that !

I could live without RGB...

Just get a scart cable with an extra twin phono cable/ouput.

sky will never agree to give me a box like that free with their FTA package :thumbsdow

they cost about twice as much as the minibox....

Don't they do a deal for around £120 ? I may be wrong

Or why not subscribe to the £1 installation offer then drop down to the cheapest package after month 1 ? The cheapest package used to be less than £10.

Originally posted by lynx
Don't they do a deal for around £120 ? I may be wrong

Or why not subscribe to the £1 installation offer then drop down to the cheapest package after month 1 ? The cheapest package used to be less than £10.

The £120 FTV/FTA non subscription package includes the minibox, I am not aware if you have the option of paying more for a standard digibox but any price significantly higher would make a 12 month subscription deal very attractive.
The £1 offer and then drop to the cheapest package for the remaining 11 months of the 12 months minimum contract works out around £176.50 and then you can cancel and use the hardware for FTV and FTA channels.

that would work... if I didnt have a subscription for the living room....

Has anyone else tried getting another free digibox from sky, with alread having a subscription?

if you take on the £1 package, dont you have to stick with the £38p/m channel package for 12 months?? im sure it states that in the Terms and Conditions.

if you take on the £1 package, dont you have to stick with the £38p/m channel package for 12 months?? im sure it states that in the Terms and Conditions.

Nope, the T&C's have always implied the SKYworld package has to be taken for a full 12 months but in reality you only have to be a subscriber to any package for the minimum term.
SKY have previously confirmed this to various posters/contribters on various forums and newsgroups by email/phone.

on the website it says that the conditions of the free digital minidish and digibox offer is that a household can only benefit once from an Interactive Discount. If you or anyone who lives with you has already signed an Interactive Discount Contract (e.g. to purchase a digital satellite system at £199 or £159 or to benefit from our free offer), you will not be entitled to take up this offer.

I got sky digital back in 1999. Would this mean that I cant take advantage of the offer ?

It would be pretty stupid if I cant.....:thumbsdow

I got sky digital back in 1999. Would this mean that I cant take advantage of the offer ?

It would be pretty stupid if I cant.....:thumbsdow

That is correct, every one even those that paid £200/£160 for a digibox when SKY D launched in '98 had subsidised hardware partly paid for by SKY's partners.
You agreed to have a phone connection so you were able to use the services provided by the companies involved and they inturn paid the balance between what you paid and the cost of the new digital stb's (£440ish I think there were at launch).

SKY certainly can not afford to give away free hardware to existing subscribers otherwise their subscriptions would not be covering programming costs only the ongoing hardware costs.
While "free" digiboxes and cheap installations deals have gone a long way to accelerating the take up of SKY D it has prevented SKY from generating a profit, they have only just started paying off the debt. I have no doubt that SKY would never have offered the "free" digibox deals without the competition from the young ONdigital platfrom who did a similar thing.

I cant find any info on this box,

I found a really crappy picture of the front of this Pace "Javelin" minibox on the satcure web site at http://www.satcure.co.uk/accs/page9.htm but no details of the connections or anything - not even on the Pace web site above.

Anyone got a decent photo of the front and the back? Does it have an aerial loop-through socket or just a single Scart at the rear? I read what everyone says it *hasn't* got but not what it *has* got?

Apparently it's only 10 inches wide and runs off 12 volts so I'm really considering it for my father-in-law's motorhome.

Thanks

It looks remarkably like the Pace minibox, link to the box within the Pace website on an earlier post in this thread:)

Mate, be inventive.There are ways around this.Have a think, i'm sure you'll come up with something. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom