Pace hd picture breakup

coolmp3

Does anybody else have problems with picture breakup with the Pace hd box.
My HD box randomly gets picture breakup on the HD Channels as tho the signal is weak. I have excellent signal on both feeds. The strange thing is if i rewind just after it happened the recording does not breakup so it cant be signal. Was wondering if anyone else had issue before i phone sky. SD is fine.
Cheers

hondavee4

bobcar

I've had the Pace for about 2 weeks and this has happened to me once about a week ago, I've not seen it since.

paulusthegnome

Standard Member
yes I too have the pace for about 2 weeks with the same problem it has happened about 5 or 6 times and it has either cleared by itself or by removing box from the mains and reconnecting back up.
Somebody told me that static buildup can cause this any ideas on this ?:)

pogologo

I had this after about 3 weeks of having a Pace box.

A rebuild didnt solve the problem.

In the end I removed the box from the mains, removed all of the inputs from the back of the box and left them out for about 5 minutes. Came back on fine and no more break ups (touch wood!). Not sure if it was taking the inputs out of unplugging the box which did it, but one of those worked!

deanos

No problems with my Pace

MinnieMark

Standard Member
I get the flashy white lines across the top with mine only when watching an HD channel. Apart from that no major picture break ups

coolmp3

Thanks guys for your response, not sure to phone sky and get it swapped out? I had a thompson box before the pace and never had this problem. Maybe its a software glitch like everything else with skyhd!

messenger

I'd say get an engineed out as soon as. Perhaps swap the box or check the LNB.

I had the Thompson just like you & had it swapped out for the Samsung & so far after almost a week has worked flawlessly.

Good Luck :)

kenedin

Thanks guys for your response, not sure to phone sky and get it swapped out? I had a thompson box before the pace and never had this problem. Maybe its a software glitch like everything else with skyhd!

Try a LNB Reset. ( Services>4>01 Select ). Switch off LNB Power Supply & 22 KHz Command, and Save New Settings. Then switch both back on again, and Save New Settings.

Alternatively, follow the advice given by pogologo at #5 above. It's not the first time that this has worked for Pace boxes. Maybe they collect static or something.:rolleyes:

Scatter

Hi, everybody

I have a recently installed Pace (after failed Thomson). (Incidentally also around 3 weeks.)

Got MTV HD pixelating badly today. :mad:

Rebooting (switching on and off at the mains) the box and resetting the LNB cured the problem. I wonder for how long?

Makes one wonder if this is a Pace specific problem :eek: and will it be a regular one...

Scatter

fuzzys

Banned
I was first to have these break up problems which was around the 21st November and I contacted Sky and their coming on 3rd January. Its very intermitent. Lets see what Sky Enineers say and do. Still under the 90 day warranty and I still want a Pace because of reliability and strength. Had a Pace when sky digital first came out still works great so thats why I want another Pace. What do you think, should ask for a Pace or an Amstrad or a Samsung but NOT a Thomson?

PS Does anyone else have these problems so then I can back my case more due to the fact that I dont have any witnesses.

Last edited by a moderator:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom