Pace HD Box Scart Configuration

terryo

Standard Member
Can anyone tell me if all the Pace HD boxes have the same scart socket arrangement. Mine has the sockets side by side and this makes it difficult, if not impossible, to use my scart based AV sender. My previous HD boxes, 2 Amstrads and a Samsung and my Pace Sky+ box, all have the scarts on top of each other.

Thanks
T

terryo

Standard Member
Thanks Hardeep.

Does anyone know if ALL Pace HD boxes are in this configuration - seems a bit odd to me when the other HD boxes and devices such as my DVD recorder have them on top of each other.

One of the reasons why I want to know is that I have had problems with the Pace box (I've only had it a week and it has locked up twice in as many days, had some weird playback issues where everything looks shuddery like its dropping frames and the remote control is even worse than my previous Samsung) and I want Sky to replace it.

I was hoping that maybe I had an 'old' model and that newer ones were configured differently. From what I've read here, the Pace 'should' be the better box, and from my experience it certainly has the best SD picture, but with the way the scart sockets are configured I may have to go back to a Samsung. To be fair to the Samsung, the one I had previously was a very quiet box, with quick EPG and quick to change channels, but I keep thinking the Pace 'should' be better.

Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom