Pace HD box EPG upgrades complete ??

mightyoakbob

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been reading here that the Pace HD box upgrades were underway but my Pace is still on the old EPG. Sent a web mail moan to Sky and they tell me that they tried to ring me today to talk me through sorting it out as all Pace HD boxes are now upgraded. They want me to call them now.

So, are they all done?

I presume they are going to instruct me to try a forced download. With the cost and exasperation of phoning Sky, should I try this myself first?

If so, where is the backup button? I've never noticed it!

Thanks

Bob.

I've been reading here that the Pace HD box upgrades were underway but my Pace is still on the old EPG. Sent a web mail moan to Sky and they tell me that they tried to ring me today to talk me through sorting it out as all Pace HD boxes are now upgraded. They want me to call them now.

So, are they all done?

I presume they are going to instruct me to try a forced download. With the cost and exasperation of phoning Sky, should I try this myself first?

If so, where is the backup button? I've never noticed it!

Thanks

Bob.

Paces are all done, yes. Maybe yours was switched off at the mains overnight, or otherwise when the new EPG/OS was downloaded.

The backup button is on the top of the digibox.

Check your Signal Strengths, and if OK, do a forced update:

Power off at the mains. Hold down the back up button on the digibox, and keep holding down as you power up again at the mains.

When all the LED's on the front of the box light up, let go of the backup button, and the download will commence.
It takes around 10-15 minutes to complete, and leaves the box in standby.

Is this only applicable to the PACE boxes? i.e if I have a thompson box and force this it simply wont do anything?

Is this only applicable to the PACE boxes? i.e if I have a thompson box and force this it simply wont do anything?

The forced update procedure applies to all Sky HD boxes. However, getting the new HD EPG software using this method only currently applies to Paces & Thomsons.

I think mine is thompson, so thanks very much.
I'll give it a try this evening.

1 quick question, how do you know when the download is complete if the box is in standby during download?

Or is it on during download and standby once its complete?

Or is it on during download and standby once its complete?

IIRC ( two years since I last did it ), it's on during download, and goes to red when complete. Someone will put you right if that's not the case right now.

Initially all four LEDs will light up, then they will go out after a while, the update is complete when the red "Standby" light comes back on, wait for 30 seconds or so and then switch on with the remote. Total time up to 15 minutes or so.

I have an amstrad box :(
Is it likely to still work?

I have an amstrad box :(
Is it likely to still work?

No. Be patient. The Amstrads will get it eventually. No, I don't know when. Next month, probably. They're taking ages to even get started on the Samsungs next.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom