Pace hd 003f

tomsky

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,any pace hd box owners, how hot is your pace I got one last week in place of my thomson,only really noticed this since the new epg which i got on thursday,My pace is really warm on the casing,warmer than usual,but if you lift it up and put your hand on the metal part of the case underneath,it is hot to the touch?:rolleyes:also noticed that i have not heard the fan kick in yet except for when i reboot it the fan comes on then goes off,thats the only time i hear it,could it be a faulty fan,even the metal back where the scart sockets are,is getting hot as well:eek:apart from that the box is working as it should.:hiya:

I have pace 9f3006 sky+hd box it is so quiet and pretty cool having the new epg no probs there.:smashin:

thx chris for that,come on peeps where are all you pace owners when ya need em:eek:

OK, I have a 9f3002 box which was upgraded (and in some ways I use that term very loosely indeed) to the new EPG Wed night. The top,sides and rear of the case don't appear to get hot at all. Warm to the touch slightly, but not hot. Been watching recordings constantly for 3.5 hours and the only hot part of the case is the bottom metal plate. I say hot, but that's only in comparison to the rest. You can lay your hand on it without discomfort. Very warm would be more accurate.

Hi,any pace hd box owners, how hot is your pace I got one last week in place of my thomson,only really noticed this since the new epg which i got on thursday,My pace is really warm on the casing,warmer than usual,but if you lift it up and put your hand on the metal part of the case underneath,it is hot to the touch?:rolleyes:also noticed that i have not heard the fan kick in yet except for when i reboot it the fan comes on then goes off,thats the only time i hear it,could it be a faulty fan,even the metal back where the scart sockets are,is getting hot as well:eek:apart from that the box is working as it should.:hiya:

Mine really hot too since the update. What i have done is throw some water on the HD box, that wil cool it down. Works for me, hope this helps.

Mine really hot too since the update. What i have done is throw some water on the HD box, that wil cool it down. Works for me, hope this helps.

yeah thought of that:rolleyes:but the thought of electric shock put me off the idea:D

I got a Seagate 750Gb HD that runs a little hot, so I am thinking of running extended cables for power and SATA so that the drive can sit outside the box, hence it will run really cool.

I had an idea. How about getting an External Drive enclosure which comes with exeternal power, then simply run a longer SATA cable and job done!

You may laugh, but wasn't one of the original Sinclair remedies for overheating ZX80's, (or was it 81's) was to balance a glass of cold water on the back of the computer? :eek:

How long before bskyb come up with the same solution after all, they now own amstrad, who bought Sinclair many moons ago

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom