1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace & Freeview Query

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by almara, Oct 30, 2004.

1. almara

almara
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I currently get my digital TV signal from NTL cable via a Pace set top box. My Pace box also gives me analogue signals for the five terrestial channels and this enables me to watch one of these while recording a separate digital channel (or vice versa). I've thought for some time that it might be nice to have the terrestial channels separately on a digital basis rather than analogue and wonder if I could achieve this by having a freeview box over and above the Pace box so that I could watch one digital channel while recording another digital channel. Has anyone tried this or has any views on it?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    NTL digital services are subscription only, you can use a Freeview box alongside a cable box but it will require a rooftop/loft/indoor wideband aerial and you will need to live in a DTT coverage area.
    As you have found out NTL hardware only have a single digital tuner and some don't even have RF passthrough.
    NTL I believe do offer a second cut price STB, £15 a month I think with the same channel lineup as the primary STB.

DTT postcode checker.