Pace/DVDR/TV Connectivity

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by rlisanti, Mar 25, 2003.

1. rlisanti

rlisanti
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a Panasonic DVD ER30 recorder and am trying to connect up to my TV/VCR/Pace (Sky)satellite decoder gear.

Configuration is:

JVC TV 3 x SCARTS (1 RGB, 2 x S-video)
    Sharp VCR 2 x SCARTS
    SKY box 2 x SCARTS (1 x output RGB)

The DVD recorder naturally has RGB output.

I've connected everything together using SCART leads (RGB Sky out - TV RGB in, DVD S-Video out - TV S-Video in, VCR to 3rd TV SCART) but there is a huge difference in picture quality between the RGB and S-video channels, the latter being much darker. i.e. direct satellite broadcasts are great but the DVD input is dark and text is grainy.

Also, I've now noticed that my Autoview feature on the Pace box no longer works correctly and changes to the S-Video input signal at the set programme time.

What has gone wrong here? Is there an ideal way of connecting this gear together?

Thanks,

Rob

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't answer your specific question but I just bought a Jeep Cherokee bodyshell, an 850cc Austin Mini engine, a Jaguar XJ6 rear axle and a Ford Pinto gearbox. I'm wondering how to fit them all together. I did try fitting the engine and gearbox in the Jeep but, for some reason, it's making an awful noise and the vehicle barely moves.

Do you think there might be a compatibility problem?

:rolleyes:

(There's a moral to this story).

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218