1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace DV3 - Whats it like?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by RealM, Jul 13, 2005.

1. RealM

RealM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Just had a Pace DV3 installed at home for that reburbished box deal but was just wondering what there like? I have not seen it yet but the wife says it is pretty big.

Cheers,
    RealM

2. davebrear

davebrear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Im no expert on this, but i think you are describing a Pace V1 box. We had one of those installed the other day also... and the 1st thing my missus said was a nonplussed "oh, its big"

That aside i am well happy (so far) with my V1 box and many people on this forum seem to be too.

However, I what i have heard is correct, they can suffer from a bug if you upgrade the Hard drives so you may want to keep that in mind before upgrading.

One word of advice, if it is a recon box, the 1st thing i would do is update the software to the lastest version, as when mine came it had a few issues and NO DUAL RECORDING. An update sorted this.

To update, unplug the box,
    Hold down Backup button on front of box.
    Plug box back in never letting go of backup button until you see a message on screen regarding updating.
    The box will turn itself off after fininshing. - (this took nearly 15mins with mine)
    Turn back on and away you go!!!

Good luck with sky+, im loving it so far.
    Dave :smashin:

3. RealM

RealM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot for the comments. Yea i think it is the v1 as it is pretty big.