1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace DTR735 (Freeview) into Acconda - better on composite?!

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by drew, Feb 13, 2003.

1. drew

drew
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This seems weird, but in the setup menu on the Pace, if I switch from RGB to composite output, then the picture on my Loewe Acconda 9381 ZW gets better!

I need a better aerial, since the pic quality varies between muxes and between days, though BBC pretty good. But whatever the aerial, I would expect the RGB output to be better than composite and give a better result on the telly.

The TV is set for Auto/CVBS input, so it will recognise any signal and this is the setting that Linn recommended when I set the TV up.

I'm using a QED Squart from the Pace TV output into AV2 on the TV.

As I said, weird. Any ideas?

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This has been discussed previously but, briefly:

1. Not all TV sets like the RGB output from various Digital receivers (including Sky Digiboxes). It's a case of "try before you buy the TV".

2. As a Scart is a two-way connection, it's sometimes necessary to cut the "video out" wire from pin 19 at the TV end of the Scart lead. This prevents it from feeding a video signal back to the receiver.

3. If the picture already contains artifacts cause by low signal levels, the RGB system will make these more visible.