Pace DS810XE - Which cams work and which dont.

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by pete the bus, Jan 10, 2008.

1. pete the bus

pete the bus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all.
    Having got myself one of these boxes recently to view BBC HD, I am keen to take it a bit further and add a CAM. There seems to be conflicting info as to what works and what doesn't, so I thought it might be useful for owners to post their own results with various CAMS.
    If you have a CAM, could you post your results here, please.
    Best wishes
    Peter.

2. Bengbeng

Bengbeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Diablo Wireless, no go. As soon as i insert the CAM the image gets distorted (it gets blocky with weird colors). This is on FTA channels. As soon as i switch to a coded channel, which the Diablo should open, the Pace freezes after ~10 seconds and reboots itself.

According the Diablo compatibility list the CAM works on 99% of the receivers tough, except with the Pace.

3. sparky_paul

sparky_paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    That sounds very similar to the symptoms I had with Diablo Light on the old v.1.0.21 software.

With the new v1.0.35, Diablo Light cam works quite well for other cards, but does not support Sky NDS cards in this receiver. Both Diablo and Dragon are reported to work on other receivers, but AFAIK no one has had any NDS success with the Pace.

All of the CAMs I've tried now seem to function with the new software, they are recognised okay and you can access the cam menus. However, the Pace seems to have problems with certain encryption systems - in particular Sky NDS, which is most relevant to us here in the UK.

4. Bengbeng

Bengbeng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The Diablo wireless is recognised ok, and the cam menu can be accessed well, but like i said the image sucks/hangs. :(

5. sparky_paul

sparky_paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    No such problems with Diablo Light. I guess we can say Diablo Wireless is a no-go then.:thumbsdow

I know this is academic, but is it correct that the wireless cardshare doesn't work with NDS cards anyway, on any receiver?

6. terryb

terryb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Can answer the last Q... but as posted elsewhere the TRex with either of the two software tools does work fine except on NDS emulation where you stick your valid card in. I've had it working in October and then last weekend, then it lost it again once I had to pull the power out and it's never felt like it should acknowledge that the card is in the cam slot. Very irritating since there must be some timing error. It's been suggested that some boxes don't have a limit on the numbers of CAIDS they can read. I've deleted all of these out just to one using Prededit and that didn't work.

There must be someone out there who knows what they are doing who might be able to find a version of the software for these CAMs that might work with a valid card poked in. I know it's a box problem since it works fine in my other Technisat box that I bought just for cam support.

I can report that C4 HD looks a treat in the Pace box when you do get it to see the NDS card. Come on Pace sort this one out, do the decent thing.

7. hdtvirl

hdtvirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have Fortec Star passion, purchased before Xmas to watch BBC-HD and I am very happy with it's performance, it has two CAM Slots and like the original message I want to take it a stage further with a CAM, from reading the entries on various Sat Sites, I now have no idea as to which is the best CAM to purchase, at first I was looking at the Diablo CAM LITE with a CAS3+ programmer or a T-REX with the programmer also. I am also going to buy a OPUS card does anybody know any these about these and what you can do with them.

I would very much appreciate if somebody could tell me what is actually required to make either of these CAM's work and what is stealt Software and where do you get it.

HDTVIRL

8. terryb

terryb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I'm not sure about the Fortec Star, best perhaps to post up on a site that covers it and ask if there are issues. 99 percent of boxes will work with the combination of the TRex and it's supporting software and a Sky card. You still need your Sky box to slap it in every month or so. The open boxes I mention below get round this so I've read since the CAMs are more integrated.

On Diablo Lite or TRex as I understand it TRex was loosing ground to Diablo since the Dragon people were not updating the software as far as they could have been. The Dragon people were "locked in a dungeon and not given any food" in late Autumn, since then I don't think there is little difference in how they perform.

Your task is to find a site which supports the software etc and so forth on the net and whether you want one with boobs hanging out or not etc and so forth. Some of the guys on these sites won't answer questions so you have to go with the flow and pick it up as you go along, but you won't be far out with what you mention.

The Fortec BTW I don't think has software which has been written by users as some other ones do, so it's closed. It may not be. That is one of the reasons why people go to a list of other boxes since they get fed up with closed boxes and by hobbyist ones where CAMs do work.

I'm still looking for Pace to finally sort out their Cam support and stop hiding with software that doesn't work whilst nearly all other boxes do.

I trust that might be of use.