pace ds810xe hdmi cable issue

A

alshaheen

hi can sombody tell me if the pace ds810xe willtake a cat 2 1.3a hdmi cable
thanx

hi can sombody tell me if the pace ds810xe willtake a cat 2 1.3a hdmi cable
thanx

There is no such thing as a 1.3a cable. Though there are nowadays the standard HDMI connections and also a "smaller form factor connector option" that was only introduced when they defined the 1.3 standard.

There are intelligent devices that have HDMI 1.x capabilities. Between them are strung passive cables.

Those cables CAN be certified by HDMI Licensing as either STANDARD (up to 1080i speeds of handling data) or HIGH SPEED (above that). (They may have initially had a Cat n system, but that's been dumped it seems.)

However HDMI cables were designed anyway to work well with basic spec over long distance (10m). For most intents/purposes as long as a cable has been competently made anything upto 3m is highly likely to work 100.00% successfully - and should cost you £5, £10 max - and you should be able to spot instantly if it isn't 100.00% working. [And before anyone chirps in that with expensive kit you'd want expensive cables - it SHOULD work the other way around as the expensive kit ought to have HDMI interface circuitry of the highest standard that can cope even better with any marginal signal deterioration from a non-certified/sub-spec cable.]

See the horses' mouth HDMI Licensing FAQ at their Learning Center/Centre
http://www.hdmi.org/learningcenter/faq.aspx

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom