1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace Digital TV Adapter - Advice needed

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by bouncingjohn, Nov 17, 2002.

1. bouncingjohn

bouncingjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a slight problem with my Pace Adapter since I got it (about 5 months now).

Basically what happens is it keeps losing the signal. There's no real pattern to this, though it does seem more prone to doing it the longer the unit's been switched on. Sometimes it reacquires the signal itself, sometimes not. Sometimes switching the unit off then on again will allow it to reacquire the signal, sometimes not.

I did think it might be that I need a new aerial, but when it is working the signal strength is around 90% (was around 80% until the recent changes) so I would have thought there shouldn't be a problem there.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful.

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    May be faulty.Can the supplier check it out?

3. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree - take it back and get it professionally checked out...

4. bouncingjohn

bouncingjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys, however, I think I've sorted it out myself - got so hacked off with it cutting out that I gave it a good shake - it's worked okay since (fingers crossed).

Incidentally, I got a "re-engineered" OnDigital box today to connect to my 2nd telly and have had no signal problems at all.

5. jim.rae

jim.rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If giving it a good shake solved the problem, then you probably have got a dry soldered joint or another dodgy connection somewhere, so watch out for any more symptoms before the guarantee runs out!

6. bouncingjohn

bouncingjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke too soon - worked okay for a while then started playing up again.

Took it back to Dixons and they were only to happy to swap it for a Grundig box (they don't sell the Pace anymore it seems).