1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace digi box locks up ????

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by marcatkins, Feb 17, 2002.

1. marcatkins

marcatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a prob with a Pace box supplied to me by ITV digital .The problem is that on various occasions the box locks up so as no channels can be changed either by use of the remote or by the buttons on the box itself.
    The only way i can remedy the problem is by turning the Digibox on/off at the mains for a few mins which usually seems to do the trick.

The point i have is that whilst i dont mind doing the above i feel that as ITV supplied me with the box they should/could be held accountable for the problems i'm having ?

I'm curious to know if anybody else here has had a box lock up and what you did to overcome the problem.....has anybody had any joy out of ITV with regards to a replacment box ?

Idea's anyone ???

cheers

marc

2. Shirker

Shirker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the world of Digital TV.

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I got a replacement box for this very reason although I went from a Phillips to a Pace, which was a vast improvement. I can't remember my Pace ever locking so yours may be faulty. Get them to change it for the new 735 if it's a 730. Remember, you are paying for it so you deserve good equipment. If they won't do it then cancel and get a new box (of your choice) when you resubscribe. Mentioning Sky sometimes helps.:devil:

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my pace box was forever locking up ,hasn`t done it for a while though I remedied it by doing what you did........as shirker said Welcome to the world of digital and if you phone your Digital supplier they will tell you to turn it on and off,but you already know that.