PACE 810xe help please

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by billy2, Jan 18, 2008.

1. billy2

billy2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    :(hi all can some one please help with the pace 810 ,

ok i have a samsung withe a 1.2 m dish on a Diseqc 1.2 motor working with no probs for the last 6 years now ,got one of the pace 810xe boxs and cant not get it to work with the motor i can scan the sat at 19*e and get all the channels there when i move the dish to 28*e for bbc it wont find the sat :(:( have also tryed it on 13*e and the same thing
    so can anyone please give me a step by step on how to get this box to work with the motor

thanks for looking

2. sparky_paul

sparky_paul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If your motorised dish is a known good setup, you're 90% of the way there. I understand the user manual is not very helpful, but I never had a manual and managed to get my DiSEcQ motor working perfectly with a bit of trial and error. I'm not sure if this is the preferred method, but it worked for me.

So here goes. You need to store the positions of the satellites in the respective memories, the quickest way I've found is to do this is from a known good position. This starting point would normally be with the motor at zero, and the dish aligned to 1°W, but as your dish is already set up, you can do it from Astra 1 at 19°E.

Select a channel from Astra 1 if that's working okay, then you know that you are at 19°E. Then select Setup > Antenna > Other from the menu, then move the cursor down to Astra 1 and press RED for 'Search for satellite', then select Manual search. On the next screen, signal strength should now be showing for Astra 1.

To find Astra 2, Select Astra 2 as your target from the top option, Search with auto stop from the 'Motor Commands' option, then press BLUE for 'Start to E' as you need to go East to 28°E. The box should automatically find Astra 2, you should then store the position of Astra 2 by selecting Save to memory xx in Motor Commands, then pressing RED to store.

You can then go and scan for channels if you wish.

Similarly for Hotbird, start from either Astra 1 or 2, select Hotbird as the target, but press RED for 'Start to W'.

If you get lost whilst searching, you can select any satellite and use the Go to memory xx option in 'Motor Commands' to reset the dish to a known good satellite position.

Hope this helps.:smashin: