Pace 735 ITV DigiBox Green screen staining using the RGB loop on scart socket 2

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Stewart C, Feb 7, 2002.

1. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    While watching a few DVD's I have noticed a green bar across the top of the screen on some sky scenes.

My DVD is set up to output RGB and my ITV digi box allows the throughput of full RGB to my TV.

I cannot notice it on the ITV digital transmissions. I hooked my DVD player directly to the tv and the green staining was gone.

I went to my local curries and got a loan of a new Pace 735 digi box and it does exactly the same thing.

As the DVD player uses the RGB socketry of the Digi box to transmit through I changed the internal menu of the digibox to composite and the green staining disappeared.

What is really wierd though is that it is a bar across the near top of the screen............not the top remember the near top the rest of the picture is fine.

There is no electrical interference involved.

It looks like the whole supply of Pace 735 boxes does this.

HELP PLEASE

Regards

2. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds bizzare. Maybe you could use seperate inouts on your TV to avoid running through the digibox.

S

3. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is bizarre mate, but I want to use RGB for Digi box and DVD player as only one RGB Scart on TV and I don't want a switch box.

Cheers

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why not switch them around so the box is going through the DVD?

5. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was under the impression that ITVDigital STBs do not allow RGB pass through (with the exception of an early Nokia)

6. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only ITV box that allows this is the Pace 735. It does work, I was getting an RGB picture (took it back and got a refund) but the green stain was bad.

Tried another Pace 735 and the green staining was also there.

Incidentially, anyone who has an ITV Digi box will know that the menu is yellow and the writing is black. The pace I had showed the text as slightly green not true black.

It seems to be a design fault not a box fault.

I am back to my Philips box which does not have RGB loopthrough so my DVD is connected by S-Video. I'll have to think again. My menu text is true black no sign of green at all. The picture is great.

Can anyone confirm if all sky digi boxes allow RGB throughput or if I go down this route which box should I specify if wanting this feature.

I know that the new Sony box allows this even when it is on standby, it is the only one that allows it on stand by. Others I think allows it when the box is on, but which ones.

Regards

7. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all digiboxes allow RGB pass through whether on or in standby.