1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace 4000 Audio Connections

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Pip_UK, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have upgraded to a Pace 4000 today so I can use my new Marantz 5200 remote with NTL.

I didn't realise that the 4000 has no audio outputs except for the scart. I have an RGB sync-blaster cable direct to a Sony 11HT projector so now have the problem of no audio to the amp (on the Pace 1000 I had audio phonos to the amp).

Can anyone offer a suggestion? The only thing I can think of is a fully wired scart to rgb scart plus 2 audio phono (if they exist).

Would this explain why I can't get a picture on the pj (keeps saying out of range) although I have checked the box on a tv and also checked the synblaster on my dvd.

Thanks

Pip

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    I should think you're in for a custom lead, your pace box is no loss having no audio connectors, they're mono from NTL. The only stereo is via scart.

3. cbemoore

cbemoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Maplins sell a fully wired Scart-Scart with additional L+R audio in and out. Only costs £9.99!

Go to http://maplin.co.uk and search for product code VA23A.

Hope this helps,

Chris

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    That's useful, as long as you can match the plug genders, it must be possible at maplins to get a gender changer?

5. cbemoore

cbemoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Why would you need a gender bender?

Surely Scart leads and phono leads are the same at both ends - they don't have male and female ends.

Or am I missing something?

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    His existing lead is scart at one end, and with tricky electronics on the way is RGB VGA at the other, so to extract the audio, h'ell need to connect his lead to that one.

7. cbemoore

cbemoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Sorry - I was being a bit thick there.

So what Pip needs is a Scart coupler (Maplins part no LG99H, at £4.99) to to connect the new Scart+Audio cable to his existing Scart-VGA cable!

Howzat?

8. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Right on, except another thought, he must have 2 scarts on that box.... and even if the other is needed for VHS, then the lead you suggested would be just the ticket.

9. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys,

Lektropacks have informed me that their Scart through Scart with phono intersert will do the job. It gold plated.

When I tried it this week I could not get a picture on the projector (but could on a LCD TV). Is this because the audio was still in the scart and not going anywhere?

Cheers,

Pip

10. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I tried the scart intersert and it only gives me audio.

As the RGB signal is passed straight through the intersert I cant understand why no video is displaying on my 11HT

Anyone think of what I am doing wrong?

Cheers

Pip

11. Thinky_Winky

Thinky_Winky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're ok with a soldering iron you could connect SCART pin one to Audio right, pin three to Audio left with pin 4 as audio ground on any SCART lead.

See attachment (pdf zipped).

Attached Files:

12. Pip_UK

Pip_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    seems to technical for me ... surely a high end custon cable could be made that does this?

Pip

13. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Have you got 2 scarts on this box? Only the TV one will be RGB, and therefore only this one will give you VGA with your lead. The LCD TV presumably connects with scart anyway? In which case it will accept composite vid. as well as RGB, so will give a picture regardless. You also have to 'switch on' RGB with the STB every time it's turned off (at the mains that is) so if you've done any rebooting that could be it.

f the PJ still works if you reconnect it straight to the box then you are losing RGB somewhere in your new setup. I have a similar problem, and have got around it by using S-Video, but that's weird too, so you have my sympathy.

Try the reconnect thing, try switching on RGB again, check the lektropacs scart box for continuity pin for pin, and see if the problem can be isolated.