1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pace 2500 digibox problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Damian1978, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Hi guys here's an email I've just sent to Sky technical. Any ideas from anyone what could be causing this.

Everything is setup just fine and my problems just seem to stem from Sky.

"Dear Sir/Madam,

My Sky installation was completed satisfactorily on 23/12/2001.

My setup is as follows:

Pace 2500 (silver/black) Skydigibox
    Panasonic 28PL10 100hz TV
    Panasonic NV825 SVHS ET VCR
    Sony TAVA777ES Dolby Digital/dts Amp
    Toshiba SD900E DVD-Audio/Video player
    Quattro remote controlled Scart Switcher

All items are connected via QED Scart cables (good quality gold plated connectors) and are setup for RGB (DVD and Sky) and S-video (VCR).

My problem is the receiver for no reason changes from RGB to a composite picture and when this happens it will not automatically switch to the AV channel its connected to (AV1 on the TV). If you go into the Services menu the box believes its in RGB mode and the only way to reset it to RGB is to reset the picture options in that menu the resave them again.

When you put the box back into stanby it will do it again. The only way to stop it doing this for a while is to physically unplug the receiver from the mains. I've had to do this 4 or 5 times, which I don't like doing as I've had problems with Pace analogue receivers breaking down due to stress to the power supplies from unplugging and plugging them in.

Sadly today I have come across another problem. The above fault happened again but this time when the receiver was put in standby when I played a video tape the Sky receiver would not pass any video signals through the VCR scart input/output. When put out of standby it still would'nt respond. However the video would work correctly when connected to the TV directly or via the S-Video connection to the TV.

Is this a software or hardware problem?

If its a hardware problem please can the box by replaced by a brand new (boxed) not 'A' grade receiver, like the Panasonic or Sony receivers I originally requested for installation on the 23/12/2001.

I await your speedy and positive response.

Yours,

Mr Damian Arstall

Model No. 1.1.034
    Version No. 9F0601
    Operating System Version 1.2S4Bc
    EPG Software Version 2.8b*"

Cheers guys,

Damian:confused:

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    To me it appears that rogue signals are been transmitted. How many rmote controls are u using? Have u tried to isolate it down to one device ie just use SKY on RGB and see what happens and so on. U have probably done all this but it should be traceable. With all the software updates on it might be this. I notice that I am forever pressing the sky remote to get rid of red dots, vote, press red etc. My PANA sometimes switches to demo for no apparent reason.

Best of luck and please post the answer when u get sorted.

gbmitie

3. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +264
    Thanks for the reply (no reply from Sky yet though).

I have 5 remotes in total but most are kept away from the receiver when not in use.

Another problem arose today when pressing info I got "Programme Synopsis Unavailable" on every channel.

When I tried to use the personal planner it came on but just with a blank screen and no sound except sound through the VCR scart out.

What on earth!!

I suppose I'll have to unplug the damn thing again.

Damian:confused: