Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

PA50/PV 500/OTHER ? advice needed

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Augustinerbrau, Jun 28, 2005.

1. Augustinerbrau

Augustinerbrau

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Complete novice who has been studying this site for weeks needs advice. I am about to enter the wonderful world of plasma TV and need advice on the most appropriate set to buy.

What I need: 42 inch, quality brand, budget 2000 €, HD ready(maybe not needed as my job ensures I move around the world and cannot transport a plasma so may not take full advantage of HD when it finally comes on line)

What I have: sky tv and dvd player

What Ive looked at: panasonic PA 50 (european version without freeview-but have sky), Panny PV 500-my first choice due to recommendations on here and the look, others that havent really floated my boat.

Should I purchase the PA 50 as it may have a shelf life of only a few years-best price around 1500€
    splash out the extra cash for the PV500 and enjoy the extra quality
    or look at something non panny ie, the cheaper 42 inch LG, samsung.

Plus what cables should I purchase I only have bog standard scart.

advice very much appreciated here in Munich!

2. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The new Samsung sounds OK. Haven't seen it (too busy watching my PV500)... :)