PA10 pre amp and P60 power amp

whitecot

Standard Member
Reaction score
I see that the Tag PA10 pre amp and the P60 power amp are availble at hifibitz for a penny under £350 each (a saving of £500 on the RRP). What are the views about this kit assuming that you are only interested in a stereo set up?

Thanks

Whitecoat
Can't comment on the pre-amp as I have never heard it. The 60P at that price is a bargain :thumbsup:

I have one which I use for the rear channels in my 5.1 set-up and I have had a listen to it driving the front speakers and it sounds fine in both configurations :)

Also interested about the sonic difference between AV32R and PA10 preamp in two-channel mode. Any opinions "out there"?

/Lennart

Kenny Glasgow said:
Lennart

AV32R bp192 wins hands down, no contest :thumbsup:

Have you heard a PA10 since your earlier post or are you going on info from elsewhere? I've been thinking about getting one myself and am interested in anyones thoughts on the matter.

Hi guys - imagine my suprise to stumble on this site and find the usual suspects here like Graham, Steve, Miron, Mark and (rarely) Udo. It's been ages, and I'm sorry it's taken me so long to find out where you all went....

The 60P although Steve will have us all told is from the "dark side" of TMA is a great little amp, and is a stepping stone to hifi nirvarna. What I would add is that the PA10 is not a great unit though, and it's only saving grace is the phono stage like its predecessor, the 8000C.

If I were looking at spending this kind of money, keep an eye out for a vanilla(?) AV32R on fleabay. Bog standard units are going for peanuts - I know when I sold mine a while ago I let it go too cheap for what it was (how's it running Guy, is the Sky problem dead and buried now?). I'm sure I saw an original AV32R go for change out of £500 the other day, so the difference from £350 would be the future potential, and even a 96kHz unit will kill a PA10. However, if you want the phono stage, ignore my thread....

For anyone that remembers me, I'm down to just one system now as my wife put her foot down and I needed some cash for another property purchase. However, I've met some more intersting people along the way, and still have my beloved 250R amp....

I'll drop in for more chats on the forum when I can. Most importantly, Steve, do you drink red or white? I still have to sort out the favours recently, and my e-mail is a nightmare! Next time you speak to Mr Green, let him know and I'm on the case!

Oh, there's another scam going round offering a "second chance" offer on your DVD32R Mark, so be warned. All I have to do is send off £700 to some dodgy esicrow account..... yeah, right! Seeing as I know your buyer picked it up, I'm pretty sure it's a scam!

Glad to be back & cheers guys - Spencer

Yo Spencer!

Red, white, I drink em all - just hurry up mate as I'm starting to sober up and that will never do! :D

Nice to see yet another "old lag" join up here :D
I thought I'd got Steve off the wine and onto the Tiger Beer......Seems I have to do more work on him!

Spencer, saw your ads and thought you were giving up Tag for good! So you're planning to move out of Sheffield or the second property is just for investment purposes? It's been a long time since I last had contact with you, the 8000M's I bought off you is still working fine in my second system and have survived a journey halfway round the world! I have since left Sheffield and moved to Malaysia, taking all my Audiolab and Tag stuff with me :thumbsup: One thing I noticed is in Malaysia and Singapore, there is almost non-existent Tag stuff, the previous dealers ahve all gone on to sell Meridian instead!!!

One thing I will echo about the PA10R and AV32R, there is no contest cos the PA10R is basically a reworked 8000C (I've got an 8000C as well as AV32R 192 SP) and sound quality wise the AV32R simply blows it away. Plus you get a built in DAC with the AV32R! Been trying to look for a black AV32R DP recently but no joy, did get offered Udo's Av192R but that is too well specified and expensive for me :( so here's hoping I can persuade someone else like Steve or Udo or anyone to sell me their excess/spare black DP :lease: Or maybe someone can sell me the DP card and I'll DIY it into the later specced AV32R 192 that doesn't have DAB ;) :cool:

BTW, I wasn't too active on the previous Tag site, more of a lurker, just like in here :cool: but Graham's mention of Tiger beer got me going! Since Tiger beer is a local Malaysian/Singapore product and one of the more visible successes in the international beer market, I have to say it's great stuff! So if any of you drops by KL next time, maybe for the Malaysian F1 GP next year let me know in advance and I'll take you on a tour with lots of :beer: ! Hmmm, I wonder if Udo attends the F1 races?

Kelvin.

Hi guys

Another old lag indeed. I'm gonna keep this post somewhere and take you up on the offer of a night out Kelvin! Good to know the M's made it safely over the pond, land and pond again mate. The flat is for investment - you'd have to drag me kicking and screaming from Sheffield mate as it's still party city

Steve, on the case mate - I couldn't have you sobering up, it's something I don't fancey doing myself! PC fixed yesterday, so I have your mail address now at long last.

Graham, always good to read your comments, makes me laugh and think of the old Tag forum sparrings. Has Glenn from over the pond appeared on here - I'd hate to think he'd gone quiet. I am honestly new to this on, although poeple had mentioned it to me before, so I'll keep my ears open and see what's cooking.

Most importantly, I'm straying off the topic so I'll just finish by agreeing with Kelvin and advising a purchase on a 60P is a great idea as a strart, but the PA10 never set the world alight in my humbble opinion!

Speak to you soon. My e-mail address is still the same after all these years. Spencer.

I haven't spoke to Glenn for a while now, I think he isn't talking to me after I sent a plot of the BHP and Torque figures for the new V8 :D
Sheffield, yer seen loads of documentaries on the place in recent months......"That" party house looks very scary not to mention the outside car parks at night :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Back to the plot, yep I'd also say the PA10 isn't a patch on the AV32R (192Khz onwards).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom