1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pa10 amp new for £250 should i buy

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by donal_mac, Jun 7, 2005.

1. donal_mac

donal_mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi i have seen a brand new pa10 amp for sale ...and i am new to this and would love to get your views on buying this amp for £250 as i have a NAD series 20 amp and would like to upgrade to a good amp and i thougt at 250 for the pa 10 was good ??????? any help with the above would be great :lease:

kind regards donald

2. roversd1

roversd1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, a cracking amp that we had in the office running a £4k set of JBL's in the mighty TMA Helpdesk for a while.

If memory serves (it gets dusty by the year), the PA10 was loosely based on the Audiolab 8000LX

3. bushy30

bushy30

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi Donald,

If it helps, I had a NAD 1000 pre amp, and NAD 2100 power amp (which my darling beloved blew up) and I changed to a PA10 and 60P, wow what a difference ! You hear things on tracks never heard before. As I used to be a home recording enthusiast (reluctant to say I was a recording engineer) recording bands on my trusty TASCAM 8 track -- I'd have to say that I couldn't believe that the difference would be so marked.

Hope that helps

Bushy

4. Steve.EX

Steve.EX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    It is a vertible bargain, my friend recently bought one for £300 to replace a Marantz 5300? and the "improvements" really were substantial, night and day stuff and you get a phono stage!

5. eisenach

eisenach

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yes, it's a really good amp, and it's got a great phono-stage. Mine replaced a MF100E and the differences were huge. It got replaced by a PA20R, but I still use the phono stage into the pre-amp. There's nothing to touch the phono-stage without paying (for me) big money.

6. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    If you can afford to stretch a bit further, you should get the PA20r instead. It has remote control, three recording loops, a headphone socket, and adjustable gain! It also sounds better than the PA10, according to various forum members.

I'll be putting my PA20r & 60P in the classifieds section next week for £425 & £325, respectively. Look out for my add :smashin:

DT

7. donal_mac

donal_mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A Big Thank You To All Who Replied To My Mail

Kind Regards Donald