1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pa 20r vs dpa32r and audiolab 8000m vs tag 125m,s

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by real batman, Apr 1, 2005.

1. real batman

real batman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    self explanatory really chaps, i have the former in both and was wondering what the differences in performance were,any advice and thoughts welcome :hiya: the mono,s i got are early b reg ones btw

2. Inotrope

Inotrope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    The DPA32 is leagues better than the PA20R - which I can say having owned both (I now have 2 DPA32Rs!!), the design brief was to make a preamp with better performance than the PA20R, AND the DAC20, AND to put it all into one box - the T2L link is the icing on the cake, as is the ADC (if you need it).

There is a response posted by Dr Zucker (http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184781&page=2&pp=15&highlight=8000MX) answering that question, and you will see his response! They are, obviously, in a different league to the "old" audiolab kit they evolved from.

I am delighted with my 4 x 125M's, although I am now using a 100x5R with my DPA32R, I may well use my 125Ms as part of a future HT set-up.

PM me if you are after any more info about the DPA; there is a very helpful "white paper" about the design.

regards mark

3. real batman

real batman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for your reply mark, have read some of your earlier posts and you seem to be well briefed.have just this very evening let a dpa 32r go on e bay went up to 600 then stopped bidding ... damn had i read your reply earlier would have kept going (it had a dab m :mad: od as well) never mind i,m sure another will pop up , if i keep my eyes open. just one more thing mate , had you heard the 8000m,s or were the 125,s your first experience . some people prefer the warmth of the audiolabs and others the precision of the 125,s wondered what your view was ..... off to ebay now to bid on said 125,s will let you know how i get on cheers B