P90X and Activity Tracking

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Monty Burns, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Hi guys,

first, sorry if this is in the wrong section but this is about a fitness watch rather than a Moto 360 or similar.

OK - so as you might have gathered, i'm currently doing P90 and i'm two weeks in to it and LOVING it. For the first time in my life, i'm not boooooored doing exercise. :)

Currently, I'm using a Polar Loop and Polar Heart Rate monitor. These are working well but, not quite doing what I would like. For example, although the HRM is waterproof, it only communicates with the Loop when I'm swimming when I actually stop and, even then it only updates the pulse *at that moment* and not the record of the previous laps.... is this correct? I would have hoped that the HRM would buffer a few minutes swimming record and then sync the entire swim.

So, I think it's about time I upgrade from the loop to something a little more "watch" like. I would like to know if there is a watch (are they limited to just Polar?) that:

• works with the Polar HRM
    • records heart rate for the duration of swimming and not just the pulse at the time I stop and sync
    • has it's own heart rate monitor and does ad-hoc testing as part of resting/chilling out monitoring
    • does activity tracking/sleep tracking
    Also, my friend has a Garmin and this handles being on motorcycle MUCH better than my loop. Example, if I get on my motorcycle with 1 step, by the time i've gone a mile it will have recorded over a 1000 steps - i think this is due to the vibration. His Garmin reports a LOT less.

Am i dreaming with these requirements or does such a watch exist?

Thank you!!!