P65V10 - aspect ratios?

Nomanor

Novice Member
Gentlemen, is there a way to disable the auto-recognition of Aspect Ratio on this TV?

Every time I select a new source (like a media player) the TV is trying to pick an aspect ratio (and sometimes it causes problems with the media player). I just want to disable it and pick set the aspect ratio manually.

:confused:

toodeep

Use the aspect ratio button that toggles between the different options to set the desired ratio when feeding signals of the appropriate ratio. The TV will remember your preferences. This is the inverse of what you write, but is what I think that you mean.

Nomanor

Novice Member
yeah i know of that button, sadly, the TV does not remember my settings

when i switche to different source, it tries to auto-determine the aspect ratio :(

toodeep

Without checking myself I suggest this. Feed a 4:3 signal from source 1 (that handles the ratio flag) and set the v10 to 4:3. Then feed a 16:9 signal and set the v10 to match. Repeat for source 2. Now switch between sources 1 & 2 and different signals. This may or not work. HD signals may confuse the TV if it assume that HD is always widescreen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom