P50VT30B replacement

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by martin99, Mar 13, 2016.

1. martin99

martin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Guy's I have a Panny plasma and I'm more than happy with the picture, I've always been a plasma guy! However 4K beckons, so how much will I have to spend to replicate or improve my current picture quality?

2. Ossie77

Ossie77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    I'd stick with your plasma unless willing to buy an OLED or Panasonic DX905. It took me a while and quite a few TV's (understatement of century) to realise it but plasma is the dogs doo-dah's. Unless sitting very close I wouldn't even worry about 4k or not. Have had a 720p 51" plasma and would put money on it smoking a 4k LCD in a dark room.

3. Krullhero

Krullhero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Well, not sure if this will be any help to you but I have just ordered the Sony 55W805c from John Lewis (Full HD set not 4k) to replace my Panasonic 50" ST30. Saw a demo of it at a friends house and was very impressed.

Quite nervous about ditching the plasma as no doubt that it will better the sony in some areas (viewing angle, uniformity) but the ST30 has always bothered me with it's motion handling, image retention (which can make the screen look dirty) and just overall 'pop'. When I saw the sony, even though it was just full hd, i was really blown away by the pq. The motion handling was excellent as well. And non of it seemed overblown or artificial as a lot of led lcd tvs can.

Ultimately, I was more interested in the Panel, rather than the Pixels. I'm happy to wait a couple more years for more 4k content to surface before jumping on board. When I do, I'll probably go OLED as they do look darn good!

I get my tv on Wednesday and plan on doing a comparison after a week living with it.

Sorry if this has been no help but just thought I'd share :)

Phil C

4. martin99

martin99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Thanks guys..

I've pretty much decided I'll go OLED, I'm just waiting for a 50inch screen.