• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

P50ST50 vs P50GT50 vs P50VT30

Vintage

Standard Member
Hello all,

I'm stuck trying to decide which Panasonic Plasma to get! I found reviews for all 3 on here, but I still can't decide - I'd appreciate some guidance.

Here are the options:

TX-P50ST50B - £1189
TX-P50GT50B - £1270
TX-P50VT30B - £999

After reading the AVF reviews, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the ST & GT models, although the Panasonic site lists much better specs for the GT. I came across the older VT model at the bargain price of £999 at Hughes Direct, and wondered if it might stack up well against the newer models?

I'm not interested in 3D performance at all. I'd say my usage will be 50% DVD and other SD viewing - 30% HDTV (mostly sports) - 20% XBOX 360 and perhaps a Blu-Ray player in the near future. :)

Thanks for any advice!

vickster

Distinguished Member
Vintage said:
Hello all,

I'm stuck trying to decide which Panasonic Plasma to get! I found reviews for all 3 on here, but I still can't decide - I'd appreciate some guidance.

Here are the options:

TX-P50ST50B - £1189
TX-P50GT50B - £1270
TX-P50VT30B - £999

After reading the AVF reviews, there doesn't seem to be much difference between the ST & GT models, although the Panasonic site lists much better specs for the GT. I came across the older VT model at the bargain price of £999 at Hughes Direct, and wondered if it might stack up well against the newer models?

I'm not interested in 3D performance at all. I'd say my usage will be 50% DVD and other SD viewing - 30% HDTV (mostly sports) - 20% XBOX 360 and perhaps a Blu-Ray player in the near future. :)

Thanks for any advice!

Plenty of problems with 2011 models including the VT. Best go to a good Panasonic retailer and look at the other two and compare for yourself. I'd be seeking a 5 year warranty myself on whichever model

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom