P42vha30 Es/ws ?

j0nners,
WS is the US version (This version has DVI) and ES is the European one(No DVI :thumbsdow)

I see - the WS brochure quoting the prices in dollar$ should have been a clue...

Are there any other differences between the two? Given it has DVI Is there any reason for not prefering the WS aside from price?

jon

j0nners,
I don't think that you can buy the US model over here, but if you could it would be a grey unit and may well not be covered by the Fujitsu warranty.

MAW will be able to tell you more.

No more to tell, it's been said. No warranty on a us import, AFAIK. You'll also be clobbered with duties and tariffs various, and VAT, and the yanks don't let you duck out of any local tax.

WS version also being sold in asia. Singapore /Indonesia.. (with DVI) :laugh:

2 cnts

erick

Would it be possible to replace the ES's PE1300 video board with the WS's ?

Possibly but you'll only get one from a far east supplier. Then if it doesn't work, or worse, causes a problem, you are in the doo. Blame the EC for introducing the 14% duty on HDCP devices.

I recently read that Fujitsu are bringing out a board with DVI for the UK market at around £100.

Im hoping that the information is accurate but i wont hold my breath! :suicide:

Spoke to Fujitsu today, no dvi, no not ever, for current models. Future models will no doubt have it put back on, but don't ask me when, Fujitsu UK could not answer that one

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom