P35C DSR Mobo Running VERY HOT!

Simba

Distinguished Member
hi all

ok well as a sort of follow to my previous thread, http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608605

i have installed the new components, not overclocked yet, but i am a bit concerned over the heat generated on certain components. The ICH9R controller is TOASTING HOT! Where the P35 is relatively warm (i guess the large heatsink is helping there). The RAMsinks are also warm and the other thing i noticed was the pci cards (firewire and tv card both not being used but connected to the board) are also hot.

The bios reports the cpu at 25-30deg which seems all good, but the mobo temp is at 66deg last time i checked. The case is open and there are 2 80mm case fans running too. Maybe its just me and i just wasnt expecting the vast upgrade in heat being produced in conparison to the Athlon XP 2600+ 2.25Ghz/A7N8X/DDR400 which is a much slower system.

Whats the thots on the temps im getting? i havent even tinkered with overclocking yet :rolleyes:

p.s to summarise the new system specs are:
E4300 1.8Ghz stock speed
2GB 4-4-4-12 XMS2 Corsair DDR26400
Hiper hpu4m580 PSU
7600GT (still waiting on it so using an old pci card just now)

thanks, simba

Simba

Distinguished Member
right well i it seems to have stablised overnight. its running at 54degs now so it all seems ok, plus i changed the the vid card to the 7600gt. now on to the overclock...

tinners

Novice Member
I have the DS4 Silentpipe and in speedfan the mobo temp is always > 50 degrees sometimes up to 62 :)

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom