Question p30 help please :)

tanleigh

Novice Member
hey all.

my p30 broke yesterday. the screen has gone completely black! i have ordered a new phone but my problem is i have things on the phone i want off ie pictures of my son and i have work things nad my banking apps on there. so ideally id like to wipe the phone. ive tried connecting to my laptop but the phone is showing as a CD D drive - ive looked online and ive done some suggestions but nothing has worked at all ive tried putting the phone in recovery mode but obvs as its a black screen its hard to figure wether its worked or not!! the usb debugging is off and i think this is why my laptop wont pick it up! any suggestions please? the phone is fully functional as it makes sounds when someone tries to ring me and it vibrates when restarted! but i dont want to try too many things incase i do soemthing to the software etc i just would like it to go to factory settings incase someone can fix the screen and use the phone!

thanks

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
When I smashed the screen on my old P30 I bought one of these to connect to my TV via HDMI cable and then used a USB mouse to control the phone and upload data/photos etc to Dropbox/OneDrive, before finally performing a factory reset.

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I was going to suggest something similar. I've got one that looks excatly the same as the linked suggestion and it works perfectly with my Mate20Pro, you may not even need the USB mouse as the digitiser may still be registering touch.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom